Official 2011-2012 Canes Baseball Thread

Advertisement
We have had a couple of real nice classes the last 2 years. We should be ready to take that step.

We need one of the UM sport teams to give us something to be proud of and I think this might be the one to do it....

Advertisement
Going along with Jer, I just noticed we got Peter O'Brien. How the heck did we pull that off? Kid is a stud.

Omaha Bound.

Our rotation is that good?

I believe our lineup and our defense is good enough to make up for the lackluster bottom end starting pitching, but eventually those guys have to step up because our bullpen is and lately has been atrocious.

I basically disagree with everything you wrote and wonder what team you have been watching. Our starting rotation is BY FAR the strength of the team, even more so with Erickson coming back and Encinosa probably moving to the closer role. The offense has been bad and losing DeVoss is a big loss. The defense has been horrible for 3 years and needs to step up a lot if we are going to make some noise this year.

Advertisement
Agree with tcgrad, starting pitching should be the team's strength.

Anyone know the latest on O'Brien?

Don't think he's been cleared yet....but it is KEY....as one coach put it, get him cleared, great chance to get to Omaha

Omaha Bound.

I believe our lineup and our defense is good enough to make up for the lackluster bottom end starting pitching, but eventually those guys have to step up because our bullpen is and lately has been atrocious.

I basically disagree with everything you wrote and wonder what team you have been watching. Our starting rotation is BY FAR the strength of the team, even more so with Erickson coming back and Encinosa probably moving to the closer role. The offense has been bad and losing DeVoss is a big loss. The defense has been horrible for 3 years and needs to step up a lot if we are going to make some noise this year.

lol. fair enough.

Omaha Bound.

I thought I had bumped my head. Good to see you over here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back