Offensive Staff - Richt Screwed Himself

Canes82

Freshman
Premium
Brown - An OC that doesn’t call plays. From what I know, he’s being paid OC Money
Richt Jr - QB coach. First time coaching big level football. Not sure what to think since Kaaya and Rosier aren’t exactly studs.
Hartley - Only worthy as a recruiter. Below average special teams coach.
Searels- Average OLine play.

He can’t hire an OC in the offseason without demoting Brown....an OC that’s never called plays.

This is a ****-storm.

He’ll most likely keep everything the same and blame the offense’s shortfalls on Rosier

When we all know Rosier sucks....but he’s not the whole issue.

Advertisement
Exactly what playmakers are on the O side of the ball to be coached?

With Walton, Richards, and Herdon out?

We could all say, next man up, but there isn't **** for talent there. Berrios overachieved, Homer isn't a "star", we have no TE, RB?

I think there is a talent \ depth issue there too. I'm not trying to give Richt a pass, far from it, but let's be honest. There is a serious talent gap there and the biggest three out for the season sure didn't help.

This new class should aid a bunch next and the following year, but the O side of the ball is lacking talent bigtime.

We’ve been without two of those guys **** near all year.

The playcalling is trash.

Yea, Rosier sucks. But we’re calling garbage. The Redzone plays we called after JT’s were absolutely abysmal. Then we followed that up with a missed fg....but all folks talk about is the miss....not the three plays before the miss.

Richt is basically the HC, OC, and QB coach. Not really a good strategy if you're looking to be an elite program.

Advertisement
And somehow we still were in position to score at least 30 points against the #1 team defense in the country without the three best offensive players on the team.

Not saying things don't need to be tweaked but a QB who can complete 65% of his throws instead of 50% and doesn't turn the ball over 2-3 times a game wins that Bowl Game easily.

We could all say, next man up, but there isn't **** for talent there. Berrios overachieved, Homer isn't a "star", we have no TE, RB?

I think there is a talent \ depth issue there too. I'm not trying to give Richt a pass, far from it, but let's be honest. There is a serious talent gap there and the biggest three out for the season sure didn't help.

This new class should aid a bunch next and the following year, but the O side of the ball is lacking talent bigtime.

There is not a gap in talent. We were out coached.

And somehow we still were in position to score at least 30 points against the #1 team defense in the country without the three best offensive players on the team.

Not saying things don't need to be tweaked but a QB who can complete 65% of his throws instead of 50% and doesn't turn the ball over 2-3 times a game wins that Bowl Game easily.

Rosier is who we thought he was....

Please understand that it’s very possible that both Richt and Rosier suck. Both can be horrible.

Brown - An OC that doesn’t call plays. From what I know, he’s being paid OC Money
Richt Jr - QB coach. First time coaching big level football. Not sure what to think since Kaaya and Rosier aren’t exactly studs.
Hartley - Only worthy as a recruiter. Below average special teams coach.
Searels- Average OLine play.

He can’t hire an OC in the offseason without demoting Brown....an OC that’s never called plays.

This is a ****-storm.

He’ll most likely keep everything the same and blame the offense’s shortfalls on Rosier

When we all know Rosier sucks....but he’s not the whole issue.

Spot on.

Rosier does suck but there's a lot of question marks with the O staff and play calling. The offensive was inconsistent as **** last year too.

Last edited:
Advertisement

This.

Advertisement
Back