Offensive point outputs vs P5 programs + ND

Canesrule230

Recruit
Premium
I got curious and wanted to compare how poor this offense has performed to other offenses we have had here in the recent past.

TeamOCPPG vs P5 Teams
2016 MiamiRicht/Brown29.3
2017 MiamiRicht/Brown25.91
2018 MiamiRicht/Brown21.7
2019 MiamiEnos25.55
2020 MiamiLashlee34.3
2021 MiamiLashlee34
2022 Miami*Gattis18.5
*YTD

What Gattis has done here in his first season is incredible. We were all carrying pitchforks at the end of Richt's tenure and after Enos' first year clamoring for change. And those offenses were 3-7 pts better than what Gattis has put up so far. Lashlee may not have been perfect but his scheme got results fast and in my opinion is better suited for the personnel we have and can easily recruit in our backyard.

Quite frankly if we insist on running what Gattis is running we will have a long 2-3 years until we get the personnel needed and even then there are no guarantees that it will work.

Advertisement
I got curious and wanted to compare how poor this offense has performed to other offenses we have had here in the recent past.

TeamOCPPG vs P5 Teams
2016 MiamiRicht/Brown29.3
2017 MiamiRicht/Brown25.91
2018 MiamiRicht/Brown21.7
2019 MiamiEnos25.55
2020 MiamiLashlee34.3
2021 MiamiLashlee34
2022 MiamiGattis18.5
*YTD

What Gattis has done here in his first season is incredible. We were all carrying pitchforks at the end of Richt's tenure and after Enos' first year clamoring for change. And those offenses were 3-7 pts better than what Gattis has put up so far. Lashlee may not have been perfect but his scheme got results fast and in my opinion is better suited for the personnel we have and can easily recruit on our backyard.

Quite frankly if we insist on running what Gattis is running we will have a long 2-3 years until we get the personnel needed and even then there are no guarantees that it will work.
its not gattis offense. its what Mario wants too. dont forget that.

Not even the steel curtain wins with an offense that puts up 18 ppg. The 1920s had higher scoring averages.
even UGAs D wouldn't be enough to win games when you score between 18-25. the only times we broke 30 were against SM and MTSU. digest that.

Advertisement
its not gattis offense. its what Mario wants too. dont forget that.
Oh I agree, we're stuck with Mario though so Gattis will need to be the scapegoat this year. And Mario will need to have a come to Jesus moment if he wants this team to improve.

Since we've been turning the ball so much and there's a contingent of fans who want to put the bulk of the blame on the kids I wanted to see how giveaways compared to other recent Miami teams (only vs FBS teams):

TeamOCGiveaways PG RankingsGiveaways PG
2016 MiamiRicht/Brown20.8
2017 MiamiRicht/Brown601.5
2018 MiamiRicht/Brown1102
2019 MiamiEnos601.4
2020 MiamiLashlee261.1
2021 MiamiLashlee821.5
2022 MiamiGattis1272.5

Gattis blows every OC out of the water with the closest being Richt in 2018 with 0.5 giveaways less per game. 2021 Miami gave up the ball at a high clip too but nowhere near as bad and they at least scored enough to keep us competitive. Enos which we all dreaded watching gave up 1.1 less turnovers per game. But sure lets put the bulk of the blame on the 2022 Miami kids - they're the ones primarily responsible for this astronomically bad offense right?

Advertisement
Since we've been turning the ball so much and there's a contingent of fans who want to put the bulk of the blame on the kids I wanted to see how giveaways compared to other recent Miami teams (only vs FBS teams):

TeamOCGiveaways PG RankingsGiveaways PG
2016 MiamiRicht/Brown20.8
2017 MiamiRicht/Brown601.5
2018 MiamiRicht/Brown1102
2019 MiamiEnos601.4
2020 MiamiLashlee261.1
2021 MiamiLashlee821.5
2022 MiamiGattis1272.5

Gattis blows every OC out of the water with the closest being Richt in 2018 with 0.5 giveaways less per game. 2021 Miami gave up the ball at a high clip too but nowhere near as bad and they at least scored enough to keep us competitive. Enos which we all dreaded watching gave up 1.1 less turnovers per game. But sure lets put the bulk of the blame on the 2022 Miami kids - they're the ones primarily responsible for this astronomically bad offense right?
Even without yesterday's debacle it was 1.5 per game through the 1st 6. Woof. Now maybe 2 less though because the special teams turn overs aren't on gattis.

Even without yesterday's debacle it was 1.5 per game through the 1st 6. Woof. Now maybe 2 less though because the special teams turn overs aren't on gattis.
I’d argue to keep the 2 ST turnovers to keep it a true apples to apples comparison with the other teams but I see your point sir. Either way this offense is pretty awful compared to
other Miami offenses.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back