Offensive play calling is offensive

Chuckles

Junior
Who else would make a special trip to the U for a chance to see how far that laminated play list could be inserted into our offensive OC?

Advertisement
He's one of the worst coordinators I've ever seen. Can't wait till he is shipped back to FSU to be their RB corch and head bagman.

Our offense is just as broken as our defense. Switching back and forth between the Miami-Pitt and Navy-Houston games was like venturing into an alternate universe.

Houston had the most third-down conversions in a single game that any FBS team has had all season (16-of-19) and their red zone offense was flawless. Miami's red zone "attack" resulted in four field goals and we continued to s*** the bed on third down. Night and day.

Advertisement
He has zero concept of the clock. The value of dominating it to keep the weak defense off the field or how to bleed it when playing with the lead.

Our offense is just as broken as our defense. Switching back and forth between the Miami-Pitt and Navy-Houston games was like venturing into an alternate universe.

Houston had the most third-down conversions in a single game that any FBS team has had all season and their red zone offense was flawless. Miami's red zone "attack" resulted in four field goals and we continued to s*** the bed on third down. Night and day.

But according to D$, our offense is fine and we need Strong.

Houston had the most third-down conversions in a single game that any FBS team has had all season and their red zone offense was flawless. Miami's red zone "attack" resulted in four field goals and we continued to s*** the bed on third down. Night and day.

But according to D$, our offense is fine and we need Strong.

I vehemently disagree with anyone who thinks this offense is anywhere near good enough to compete for anything meaningful. It's broken (IMO) and we need an innovator who can get the most out of our skill players, bring much-needed efficiency to our third down and red zone offense, and recreate an exciting brand of football that helps keep premier talent home.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There is so much wrong with James CoRley as a game planner, it's hard to pick a starting point to criticize him on. And honestly, I'm ******* tired of thinking about it, because the defense is just as horribly coRched.

The season is over, no use it talking about it any more. Both guys are as dead as fried chicken and will be fired as soon as the bowl game is over (if not before.) Moving on.

Our run blocking is f**king pathetic - it is a miracle when Yearby or Walton make it back to the line of scrimmage.

If we could find a way to fake the handoff every so often, we could truly keep the defense off balance. Also, if the offense gets set, then simulates the play starting, Kaaya could determine pre-snap reads most effectively.

Advertisement
If we could find a way to fake the handoff every so often, we could truly keep the defense off balance. Also, if the offense gets set, then simulates the play starting, Kaaya could determine pre-snap reads most effectively.

I don't understand why we keep running a read option like Kaaya is actually going to keep the ball and go anywhere. It just wastes a play and opens him up to get blasted.

Straight play action would be much more effective, imo.

I don't understand why we keep running a read option like Kaaya is actually going to keep the ball and go anywhere. It just wastes a play and opens him up to get blasted.

Straight play action would be much more effective, imo.

Would play into his strengths so they didn't consider it

Advertisement
Play calling was brutal once again. On both sides of the ball. The new coaching staff can't get here fast enough.

I want an OC who is surprising me when it's a running play. In addition it would be a bonus if a wide receiver screen was not called to get 1-3 yards when it's third and six or more.

James Coley is one DUMB OC coordinator and almost blew this game. When you are up with a big lead just pound the rock and run the clock. Gee, lets run another bubble screen since the last 100 haven't worked at all. BYE BYE and good riddance.

Advertisement
Back