Offensive Line

rok

Great Poster
Someone talk me off the ledge. With the "news" about Gadbois being unavailable that means we now have to replace 4 starters.

I like the potential of Darling-Gall-Linder-Isidora-McDermott

What's the word on Jahair Jones, Odogwu, Grimsley, Brown?

Are any of these guys worthy of playing here?

Will we be depending on true freshmen again in 2015?

Advertisement
Based on the success of the process and Golden's track record of nimble coaching adjustments to fit the strengths of the roster, I'm not worried one iota.

We have one of the best strategic thinkers in the game folks. If you can't see that, you aren't paying attention.

Based on the success of the process and Golden's track record of nimble coaching adjustments to fit the strengths of the roster, I'm not worried one iota.

We have one of the best strategic thinkers in the game folks. If you can't see that, you aren't paying attention.

I'm paying attention and we've sucked in general the past four years.

Granted we've struggled relative to the rest of CFB, but the process is trending up.

Advertisement
The-Legend-of-Zelda-The-Wind-Waker-small-157.jpg

our program

St Louis gonna have to ball out. No way we avoid injuries here and I don't like any of our options on the 2nd team right now based off of previous years and/or practice reports.

Advertisement
Can someone clarify the "news" about Gadbois? Is he hurt, suspended due to academics, off the team, any combo of those? Is he definitely out for the fall next year? Thank you.

Jahair Jones has been very, very bad according to what Ive heard. I don't expect us to start St. Louis or Milo before 4-5 games in so I expect against Nebraska we go with

Mcdermott-Gall-Linder-Isadora-Darling

What other options do we have?

Most terrifying position on the team right now, IMO.

This concern with Kaaya's lack of mobility is very alarming. Add in the loss of playmakers and I am not sure we can substantially, or even insignificantly, improve on offense. While our third down offense was at the bottom of the spectrum we were top 15 in yards per play. Going to be a very interesting season to see the least. We can not afford any injuries at all.

I heard Grimsley and Brown are looking well though

Granted we've struggled relative to the rest of CFB, but the process is trending up.

Agreed. Again, you need to look at the aggregate when comparing us with the rest of cfb. We're on a different path.

Advertisement
Hopefully Milo and St. Louis are ready to play because I don't know that any of these backups are ready.

Wells
Grimsley
Brown
Knighton
Jones
Odogwu

This is extremely disappointing recruiting

Can someone clarify the "news" about Gadbois? Is he hurt, suspended due to academics, off the team, any combo of those? Is he definitely out for the fall next year? Thank you.

According to Golden, he is expected back for fall camp. It's on the Joe Rose show from Monday. He did not say why he had been out.

Advertisement
Because I don't feel like re-typing my thoughts from a couple days ago:

I'm not holding my breath on Sunny either. He couldn't even fulfill simple field goal responsibilities last year. If we get Gadbois back with KC, then I think our first group will be OK; we'll just be paper thin. We won't be able to sustain an injury at Tackle for the first half of the season--the young Tackles coming in are going to need some time to get ready.

It seems that Jahair has had a rough time this spring, but I'm going to reserve judgment on him. He's shown some good fight like you said. I want to see if he gets decleated again after going though a full weight training period. I think you're right: at the very least he can be a guy that can play in an emergency situation until we get one of our young guys ready/reshuffle.

I like Nick Linder a lot at Center. He's a baller; a football guy. Isadora has plenty of experience. I'm afraid we're going to fill that other guard spot with a random joe. I'm so worried about all this because of our starting quarterback. We need to protect Kaaya at all times. He's not going to be able to create with his legs and makeup for poor protection. We need him upright and in the pocket (unless the play is designed to have him elsewhere).

Advertisement
Back