Offensive line

Advertisement
They look average

Which is absolutely amazing comparing the past two years of some of the worst Oline play i think I’ve ever seen
I disagree that they look average Considering the offensive results.
Everything in football is connected. Good quarterbacks make the line look better. Good lines make running backs look better.. good receivers and tight ends make quarterbacks look better. Nothing happens in a vacuum.

Advertisement
I disagree that they look average Considering the offensive results.
Everything in football is connected. Good quarterbacks make the line look better. Good lines make running backs look better.. good receivers and tight ends make quarterbacks look better. Nothing happens in a vacuum.

keep some context still...

UAB and LOSERville aren’t exactly shining examples of “good” Dline play

keep some context still...

UAB and LOSERville aren’t exactly shining examples of “good” Dline play
Ville isn’t but UAB had a decent defense and better than average d-line play.
UAB may end up as one of the better defenses we play this year. Nothing special but very technically sound.

They have moments but are not consistent. They are young, and this is Coach Justice’s first season. New offense. We’ll have to give it time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'll take the direction they're going as a group. Still too many procedure and holding calls. But they have been run blocking much better than last year (look at the yardage) and UAB's front was a lot better than a few teams that beat us last season.

That 75 Yard run of Cam's was the O-line as a group not allowing penetration and the OT running his man, still engaged 5 yards down the field to seal off any lateral pursuit. Then it was just a foot race.

One reason you might think they are average is because we are not getting much up the middle. At the same time there could be several reasons for that.

1. King so far has shown an unwillingness to keep the read option. Defenses see that.
2. OL is indeed only getting average push.
3. Game planning so far is to wear teams out and wait for the big pops on the outside.
4. You folks are Goldenized. A team doesn’t put up 500 yards of offense with just average OL play.

The real litmus test is against FSU and their speed off the edges. Then against Clemson we will know for sure what we have. My take is we are trending above average and by end of season will be a good offensive line.
BTW, Clemson has had all this success with just a good offensive line. I don’t know of any of their guys tearing it up in the league.

Advertisement
And how did they play?

average...

idk what else to say lol
K, I’m just trying to understand what you mean. You said that UAB doesn’t wasn’t a shining example of good line play, I disagreed, and your response is that our OL player average?

Advertisement
Back