Offensive line most important position group

954canelife

The Bj Wilkes Show
I watched the entire game over again, and we all know that unit is bad. Enos is and manny are going to have to fix that before they end up without jobs in a few years, I expect that to be the first firing. I watched pres nap and their is no communication whatsoever between the lineman, and they are lost, no togetherness at all. I thought maybe ever other team has this problem and no Georgia and Ohio State do not.

I watched their games this past week and each play the came off the ball ready to kill someone and the crazy thing is each play for some reasons even with pressure they knew their assignments. The wholes that were made for JK Dobbins is ridiculous. Yes the talent is better but knowing who to block has nothing to do with talent and effort.

They literally were stonewalling guys with one arm at points and when a pass rush move was made the hips were so good to move laterally it was crazy! Miami had players open the entire Virginia tech game. I gave this team a lot of **** but the plays are there to made in Enos offense its just about the execution when you go back to the film. We don`t establish the run because we have a horrible offense then the defense knows that and drops back because they don't respect the run.

It starts totally upfront and now you see why teams who go after offensive lineman in the league get better dramatically. That year we had flowers, feliciano, linder was a testament to what im saying our defensive was just horrible Duke Johnson had 1600 yards (1.46 km) that yea. You put the right assistants together at Miami and you will win its simple, but will the admin open the pocket book for it is the other question. And will people fire friends. Imagine if Golden brought manny in with James Coley.

Advertisement
What I'm saying is we are not crazing to think Miami should be better the plays are there we just can't ever hire the right coach and assistant combination whether its admin not spending money or coaches being stubborn.

B87AE0B7-1C53-45ED-A2CC-B0A51AE6D9A1.gif

Advertisement
Should someone send a "aye you up?" text to Kehoe? I know tons of fans were sick of him by the time if was all said and done, but **** you almost feel if Art had been at Miami the last several years we may be singing a different tune. At the very least each of the 5 lineman would actually touch someone on every play.

Or maybe that is my rose tinted glasses.

Should someone send a "aye you up?" text to Kehoe? I know tons of fans were sick of him by the time if was all said and done, but **** you almost feel if Art had been at Miami the last several years we may be singing a different tune. At the very least each of the 5 lineman would actually touch someone on every play.

Why not, couldn't get worse.

I actually like Art Kehoe. He may not be the best OL coach ever, but **** if he isn't 100% pure Cane.

Why not, couldn't get worse.

I actually like Art Kehoe. He may not be the best OL coach ever, but **** if he isn't 100% pure Cane.

I mean we had talent when he was here. I got frustrated because you would have a mediocre OL and then these guys like Linder, Feliciano, Flowers, Henderson, McDermott, Isadora.. like **** man you had an NFL OL and EVERYONE seemed to under-produce. But **** at this point, talent that just plays okay seems like a better deal.

I don't want anyone old back we have been doing that too much, we need to hire proven guys at other programs and pay them to live in sunshine. You get what you pay for lol.... If the guy had a top 5 Offensive line we need to bring him. Each year there should be coaching candidates put on the board for your weakest position group. No more soft ****

These guys make excess of over 200,000 a year I don't feel sorry for the coaches when they don't get it done. They always land in a pretty good situation.

Advertisement
It's a mistake not sitting Zion for this one and UVA will make us pay if we do not.

LT Scaife
LG Donaldson
C Gaynor
RG Clark
RT Herbert/Hillery

Between Zion and Donaldson I'm not sure who's been more disappointing Donaldson actually had a few games under his belt Zion is learning on the job. Sad performances to say the least.

I watched the entire game over again, and we all know that unit is bad. Enos is and manny are going to have to fix that before they end up without jobs in a few years, I expect that to be the first firing. I watched pres nap and their is no communication whatsoever between the lineman, and they are lost, no togetherness at all. I thought maybe ever other team has this problem and no Georgia and Ohio State do not.

I watched their games this past week and each play the came off the ball ready to kill someone and the crazy thing is each play for some reasons even with pressure they knew their assignments. The wholes that were made for JK Dobbins is ridiculous. Yes the talent is better but knowing who to block has nothing to do with talent and effort.

They literally were stonewalling guys with one arm at points and when a pass rush move was made the hips were so good to move laterally it was crazy! Miami had players open the entire Virginia tech game. I gave this team a lot of **** but the plays are there to made in Enos offense its just about the execution when you go back to the film. We don`t establish the run because we have a horrible offense then the defense knows that and drops back because they don't respect the run.

It starts totally upfront and now you see why teams who go after offensive lineman in the league get better dramatically. That year we had flowers, feliciano, linder was a testament to what im saying our defensive was just horrible Duke Johnson had 1600 yards (1.46 km) that yea. You put the right assistants together at Miami and you will win its simple, but will the admin open the pocket book for it is the other question. And will people fire friends. Imagine if Golden brought manny in with James Coley.

Hey tryna catch up on what Art is up to and how his current Oline is looking, can you post a link to his current gig and maybe a youtube link? Thanks in advance

Advertisement

KEHOE sucks, he’s a great ambassador but he’s not a good OL coach and doesn’t recruit anymore. He’s been fired 2 times here and is out of a job. Please stop with this ****, Kehoe needs to be celebrated for what he’s done and meant to the University but not on our coaching staff

No disrespect to what Kehoe did here, but maybe we could find a decent OL coach out there who is current and young?

KEHOE sucks, he’s a great ambassador but he’s not a good OL coach and doesn’t recruit anymore. He’s been fired 2 times here and is out of a job. Please stop with this ****, Kehoe needs to be celebrated for what he’s done and meant to the University but not on our coaching staff
I have to agree with you. He is great for sound bites.

Advertisement
OL coaches:

-everyone always mentions Alex Mirabal due to Miami ties (currently at Oregon), but doubt he leaves Mario. Also Bedenbaugh at Oklahoma is always mentioned. Besides them:

-Terry Malone OL/OC at Bowling Green. Been OL coach at Michigan, BC, and Bowling Green (early 90s). In his late 50s but he has coached a lot of great linemen like Jon Jansen and Steve Hutchinson, and took a break from OL to do tight ends with Saints and at Purdue. This year back as an OL coach and BG is 17th in sacks allowed.

-Jeff Myers at Iowa State (like 28) who's been an OL coach full time in his second year but in his first year has a couple all conference O-linemen and a strong offense and this year (2nd ever as OL coach) they are 7th in passing offense, and tied for 28th in sacks allowed.

-Kyle Devan, Arizona OL coach (early 30s). Played OL for NFL like 5 years. Did a great job as OL coach at Ball State for two years, was assistant OL coach for Saints after NFL, and with Arizona this year currently tied for 28th in sacks allowed and tied for 22nd in scoring offense.

-Steve Farmer, Texas Tech OL coach (early 40s). has been OL coach at Louisiana Monroe, Utah State, and now TT. Already 13 years of OL experience and TT is 6th in sacks allowed, last year Utah State finished 4th in sacks allowed. Had like four guys reach all conference while at Utah State for several years. Also has 9 years of OC experience which can't hurt.

Farmer is the type of guy that goes to Oklahoma after Bedenbaugh eventually gets his promotion. Actually probably Devan as well. Myers is the most green but already doing great.

You're probably right. He under-developed the talent he had and his lines didn't perform like they should have. But I feel like he (or whoever's job it was) did a good job of identifying OL talent. Finding 3 star guys that turned into solid pro players. It just seems to me like the programs biggest flaw is the ability to identify that talent.

You're probably right. He under-developed the talent he had and his lines didn't perform like they should have. But I feel like he (or whoever's job it was) did a good job of identifying OL talent. Finding 3 star guys that turned into solid pro players. It just seems to me like the programs biggest flaw is the ability to identify that talent.

This I agree with, got a few Canadian OL (Romberg, Sherko) etc. Art was also beloved by his players, which is also a important part of a position coach

Advertisement
Back