Offensive Line Depth

LT - Zion Nelson/ Chris Washington
LG - Jalen Rivers/ Justice Oluwaseun/ Cleveland Reed
C - Jakai Clark/ Ryan Rodriguez
RG - Logan Sagapolu/ Ousman Traore
RT - John Campbell/ Delone Scaife/ Michael McLaughlin

Obviously, with Rivers & Campbell out for the Spring that’s not the current lineup, but once they’re all back come Fall camp that’s my guess for the starting 2-deep.

Scaife & Oluwaseun are both Hybrid Guards that can play Tackle, Scaife can play Center too.

Michael McLaughlin & Cleveland Reed are two guys who need to be solid depth this season.

Other than that, our depth is pretty much just hoping & praying guys who haven’t done much thus far just suddenly play above their means, which is really unrealistic even with Mario & Mirabal coaching them up.

Unless we hit the Portal for some more Linemen, our depth is really thin on paper. It simply boils down to how you view it, most will see it with Orange & Green colored homer glasses, but we’ll find out how rosie it actually is come September-October.
Big baby?

Advertisement
MC and Mirabel will help this offensive line to be manageable. They aren't working with much, but they will make these guys a lot better. I can't wait to for Mann'ys scrubs are filtered out of our program and we have some beasts in the offensive line room.

I remember thinking in 15 our whole dline was jags
Then manny and kul come and they were pretty good
I’m expecting thst from this oline
Pass blocking was pretty decent
It’s just the runn blocking and I give a lot of the blame to lashlee his run game was way to predictable

Let's recruit the mid west. Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa.get the message. Corn feed farmer kids. Mid west would help alot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I think that the bigger concern is will the offense scheme around what we have or try to force a square peg into a round hole. That is something that Lashlee did well last year given the areas of talent that we had (OLine not being one of them). We do not have the bodies to move the line around like Michigan did last year. Hopefully Gattis gets this and can wait to adopt his offense preferences based upon future personnel, but be patient for the time being. I get that we may improve with better coaching, but personnel definitely needs to improve.

Advertisement
Need a portal Tackle still.

Dont see getting Conerly so I'm guessing when we are officially out of the Conerly sweepstakes we offer more portal lineman as wel...as i expect another 1 or maybe 2 of ours to leave after spring if they wanna play somewhere. CLEVELAND REED has to make a move this spring unless he is just cool with being depth and is close to graduating.

Scaife is still aTACKLE. I dont know i think i been saying it for 4years now..thats his best spot.

Advertisement
Back