Offensive Leadership

sszoeboy

Freshman
I expect to see very little drop off from last year's defense because of the leadership on that side of the ball. Shaq, Jaquan, and even Gerald will keep the defense on the same if not higher level from last year. I'm wondering who's that guy on the offensive side of the ball. I know DeeJay has always been vocal, but i'm not sure he's enough being that he's still young and not expected to be a starter on the team barring injury. Who is that guy on offense, or who has that potential on the offensive side of the ball?

Advertisement
I expect to see very little drop off from last year's defense because of the leadership on that side of the ball. Shaq, Jaquan, and even Gerald will keep the defense on the same if not higher level from last year. I'm wondering who's that guy on the offensive side of the ball. I know DeeJay has always been vocal, but i'm not sure he's enough being that he's still young and not expected to be a starter on the team barring injury. Who is that guy on offense, or who has that potential on the offensive side of the ball?
Travis Homer..

When your QB is not a leader, your offense has a problem.

So whoever it ends up being, they need to be in that conversation.

Advertisement
Agreed. It’s got to be Rosier if for no other reason than he’s the freaking QB, a 5th year Senior, and THE man who will be getting the ball to a lot of our main weapons sans the rushing attempts by our RB group. If he can’t step it up leadership wise this year, we’re staring at another 10-3 season...

Agreed. It’s got to be Rosier if for no other reason than he’s the freaking QB, a 5th year Senior, and THE man who will be getting the ball to a lot of our main weapons sans the rushing attempts by our RB group. If he can’t step it up leadership wise this year, we’re staring at another 10-3 season...
Yes he has to show some leadership but I think guys like AR and Homer are the ones that guys know they can trust to get it done. They are the leaders of our best position groups.

Advertisement
Travis Homer..
I love Homer but if he's our offensive leader is Homer we are in trouble when things aren't going right. Homer leads by example but he's not vocal enough to be our alpha of the offense. In a perfect world, it's Rosier but I think guys like Ahmmon, DeeJay, Gauthier might be the answer. More of a leader by committee.

I love Homer but if he's our offensive leader is Homer we are in trouble when things aren't going right. Homer leads by example but he's not vocal enough to be our alpha of the offense. In a perfect world, it's Rosier but I think guys like Ahmmon, DeeJay, Gauthier might be the answer. More of a leader by committee.

You sure about that?

Advertisement
Advertisement
It a lot easier on your offense if the offensive team leadership comes from your QB.

So I hope that it's Rosier.

If it's not .....that's when others rise up to fill the leadership gap

It’s been well documented he’s a shy kid whose working on being more vocal. Nothing wrong with that and maybe he will take the next step as a leader this year. He leads by running tough as ****.

I hear ya, man. I guess what I was trying to say is, if PapaShaq says Homer is the leader of the offense, Travis must be doing some things right in that department. I think it's an oft-repeated misnomer that, to be a leader means that one must be loud and speak frequently. Sometimes it's the quiet ones that carry the most gravitas. They may not speak often, but when they do, everyone shuts up and listens up, and gets in line.

My eyebrows raised when @UknowWhat said that. TBH, I'm not sure the offense could have a better leader. That kid has been humble, selfless, and an absolute badass since the day he arrived. No one who's seen his special teams hits is gonna want to F with the Homer. Remember how big a deal it was when he got his chain last year? Everyone respects the **** out of Travis Homer.

Hopefully, Rosier steps up in that role as well.

If the OL plays lights out, and Homer and DD run up opponent's azzes... we will take the ACCC.

Advertisement
Back