Offense

D.L.I.N.K.D.A.GR8

Da Man Da Myth Da Legend
3rd down NO EXCUSES was HORRIBLE

I'm happy we won but the game should've been 59-0 before rosier and 2nd string came in. Sorry for expecting perfection but 3rd downs should've been the main focus during the off season and they still haven't cleaned that **** up. Coley need to grow some nuts and start throwing vertical instead of sideways on 3rd and short or atleast use the wr screen as a first down threat in the beginning of the game just to loosen the o up not when we have momentum running the ball on a 3rd & 1 wtf for the 3rd season in a row

Advertisement
Problem is Coley has zero feel for the game. Screen still are pathetic. Kaaya didn't look great. Percentage was still low. And apparently we've added a ton of spread concepts.

offense looked like crap, 3-11 on third downs. Coley is so underwhelming. I have no idea what we are trying to be, we have no identity whatsoever. there is no reason for us to be in shotgun 4-5 wides 95% of the time. Not impressed with the O.

Completed under 60% of our passes against an FCS program ... And we didn't throw very many vertical routes.

And that 3rd down percentage is abysmal.

We should be able to "out athlete FCS teams to, at least, 50% conversions, IMO.

Advertisement
Our offense was weak, at beast. O-line looked suspect and Kaaya looked awful. The play calling was the worst. Coley, just by himeself, will lose us a minimum of 3 games this year.

3rd down NO EXCUSES was HORRIBLE

I'm happy we won but the game should've been 59-0 before rosier and 2nd string came in. Sorry for expecting perfection but 3rd downs should've been the main focus during the off season and they still haven't cleaned that **** up. Coley need to grow some nuts and start throwing vertical instead of sideways on 3rd and short or atleast use the wr screen as a first down threat in the beginning of the game just to loosen the o up not when we have momentum running the ball on a 3rd & 1 wtf for the 3rd season in a row

THIS

Tonight should've been a massacre on both sides of the ball... my only hope now is they're keeping the offense concealed until nebraska

Lmfaooo ..... but we know they're not hiding anything

Anyone who thought the offense was going to be great this year was deluding themselves. We lost too much talent. Duke alone was a massive loss. He was the offense for many games over the past several years. You add in Coley calling the plays and things are probably going to be ugly when we play a good d.

Advertisement
Tonight should've been a massacre on both sides of the ball... my only hope now is they're keeping the offense concealed until nebraska

Lmfaooo ..... but we know they're not hiding anything

Im hoping as well we were just fooling around because it was a scrimmage but...........we know Coley is terrible. The offense makes me wanna cry.

Anyone who thought the offense was going to be great this year was deluding themselves. We lost too much talent. Duke alone was a massive loss. He was the offense for many games over the past several years. You add in Coley calling the plays and things are probably going to be ugly when we play a good d.

Talent is no where near the problem on offense. We have more than enough there even with the losses. Offensive Play calling is by far the biggest issue on the team.

Catching the **** ball and not dropping passes would be a start

Kaaya looked shaky. LT is a big question mark.

Receivers did not look good.

Our backs look talented though, so there's that.

Advertisement

I couldn't disagree more. We have plenty of talent this year. Plenty! An elite OC would have this offense humming. Problem is Coley is atrocious. No wonder Jimbo wouldn't let him call the plays at FSU. Does anyone know if Ice has any talent in the play calling department? If Golden had a pair he would relieve Coley the Clown of his play calling duties.

Advertisement
I didn't want to believe Coley was atrocious honestly thought the guy in the orange tie was holding him back... yesterday was horrible. ... i dont care it was raining either

The score should have easily been 66-0. It was supposed to have been a highlight reel... 2nd string should have been in to start the half. Coley is very pedestrian as a play caller. I love his recruiting ability but he is garbage calling plays. we need someone that is aggressive and score often. He wants to eat up clock. the defense would have gave us the ball back all game, there was no need to nickle and dime trying to have time of possession. And this is my observation, I think Herb Waters is being misused. He has good long speed and can also be used down-field.

397 total yards and 3-11 on third downs against a FCS team replacing 9 of 11 starters on their defense is HORRIBLE.

Coley has no feel for the game and doesn't set up the defense for certain plays and why you keep calling WR screens against an FCS team is beyond me.

When this offense faces a decent defensive team it's going to get shut out.

Advertisement
Back