Offense

JoshJetson

Recruit
If we need Hire an OC or Richt just changed philosophy what changes would you want to see.
I would love for us to be a team that spreads it around like an OSU.
But I also love the pro style concepts that have bee know to run.

What are yall thoughts? On Coordinators and Offensive Style.

Advertisement
A good coach plays to his strengths. Our recruiting base is loaded with explosive athletes who make things happen with the ball in space, not massive OL who facilitate smashmouth football. There's your answer.

I don't think this will happen - but I definitely think we need to use our athletes better.

Power Spread like Oklahoma is my preference because they can run power, but use motion and cause confusion for defenses.

I love a lot of their plays - they will have 2 backs in the backfield - one runs motion on a swing and they run counter the opposite way. These plays cause the linebackers/safeties to take false steps or stop their feet and open creases. Homer and Dallas doing those plays would be awesome. How they use Marquise Brown - I think that Thomas could be a better version.

So many things that make me want to scream when I watch our team on offense.

My thoughts.... Trash the Pistol Shotgun Clap Offense and start from scratch. Oh and maybe use more than 3 formations throughout the game.

Advertisement
In all seriousness,

Different spread formations, utilize motion and shifts as some window dressing, use pass to set up run with how out oline is now, lots of short-intermediate routes with easy reads to stay ahead of the chains, utilize tight end to own middle of the field, use bootlegs and PA to have easy completions to the flat, change blocking scheme to power instead of zone, take some deep shots but our big plays will come from getting the ball into our playmakers hands more consistently.

In all seriousness,

Different spread formations, utilize motion and shifts as some window dressing, use pass to set up run with how out oline is now, lots of short-intermediate routes with easy reads to stay ahead of the chains, utilize tight end to own middle of the field, use bootlegs and PA to have easy completions to the flat, change blocking scheme to power instead of zone, take some deep shots but our big plays will come from getting the ball into our playmakers hands more consistently.

Oh and play with better tempo.

Pro-style with spread concepts. More motion. More formations. We need to utilize the middle of the field and crossing routes more.

We need an offensive coordinator who will properly use our athletes at their strengths. Not one who tries to force some plodding slow methodical unimaginative offense on us that is not built for what we currently have. We have premium talent at receiver and really good talent at running back that’s getting majority of the carries right now(would be premium if lignard got more carries). Mix it up and throw the ball with more creative plays, stop trying to force the run game because obviously the sh*t isn’t working. Yeah some on the oline is terrible but I fault the offensive coordinator who keeps putting them on positions to be exploited. As an offensive coordinator you are supposed to hide their weaknesses and this can be done in a multitude of ways, Fix this offense or you can go Coach Richt because this sh*t just cost us a season...

Advertisement
An OC that runs multiple sets that takes into consideration the defensive personnel weaknesses:

1. A Lot faster tempo
  2. Have personnel groupings that can change quickly for the play being run and creates mismatches for TE on LB or WR on SS/LB or size mismatch.
  3. Pull Guards and Tackles to maximize blocking personnel. Counter Tre and Traps. TE Traps
  4. Trips Tight and Wide with pass and run options from those formations.
  5. Fast Paced no huddle Empty sets with 5 WR's or 4 WR's and a TE. Really dangerous with SoFl speed.
  6. Two TE power sets that can block for a run or pass. Keeping defense guessing. Don't be predictable from any formation.
  7. Motion across formation(zoom), half motion(zag) and Pivot motion. Set back in motion into pass route. Quick pitch to back.
If you design 5 plays for any of these options you have 35 plays, 70 when you consider the play can be run from left or right. Based on the opponent defense special plays can be practiced or changes to existing plays.

This is not too overwhelming because I did all this with 12-14 year olds. Richt's playbook needs to be burned so no one will ever run that ***** again.

Just get our playmakers involved. I swear everytime brevin gets the ball something good happens. He has the ability to make the first guy miss which is special for young TE

Advertisement
Back