Offense

MizCane

Senior
Seemed like we came out very apprehensive and had ALOT of jitters. It's a little understandable being on the road against a stout D but I am starting to get concerned about our overall offense.

I was thinking maybe we were holding some back but we seem to run very basic concepts. We are winning which is a plus but I would like to see some more creativity to get players in space and or some misdirection. I'm calling for motion and jet sweeps. I gave some guys **** about this but it's evident our O is lacking in areas and I think this could be what helps when we are in a lull.

I keep watching my hometown KC Chiefs run an incredible O and the imagination Andy Reid has and the way they move the ball with ease on NFL defenses is incredible. A lot of it has to do with his pre snap motions and misdirection.

Advertisement
I understand what Richt is and what he wants to do. But I really wish he was a bit more creativity was in play-calling(from jet-sweeps to bubble screens, etc) and finding more ways to get Chris Herndon( who is woefully underused, IMO) into the game more.

And with this Oline being what it is, I think shuffling the deck is needed against certain defenses....

Last edited:
I watched the first half today. A lot of it was just slop. Sloppy reads by Malik and poorly executed blocking. Playcalling was pretty vanilla in a hostile environment. That being said, Malik’s demeanor never changes. From 3 and outs to game winning drives he always looked calm and cool. I will take that over a guy with an arm who takes a Davenport when the heat is on. Coaches can work on getting the offense oiled earlier and I think with more starts Malik will settle in quicker. But you can’t teach the ice he’s got in his veins.

Richt is trying to help the players by making the plays simple. He feels if you execute it right you can beat whomever. I just want him to run the ball from different formations and give us some more 3rd and shorts. Use a FB, or run for the Ace formation. We converted alot of 3rd and long against FSU.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I really wished Richt would look into adding the Pistol formation. It is the 2017 version of the I/Single Back formation. Except you can run the read option, power downhill, and roll out etc.

I understand what Richt is and what he wants to do. But I really wish he was a bit more creativity was in play-calling(from jet-sweeps to bubble screens, etc) and finding more ways to get Chris Herndon( who is woefully underused, IMO) into the game more.

And with this Oline being what it is, I think shuffling the deck is needed against certain defenses....

We actually run these quite a bit, more so last year.

It seems like we ran a million in a row against App St. Mainly it just comes down to alignment and numbers on the outside.

That said, I agree about the jet sweeps.

Interestingly, there was an article about how Ed Orgeron stepped in briefly to calm down all of Matt Canada's motion and shifts because they were ******** it up and committing too many penalties.

Maybe Richt doesn't believe in it because of those drawbacks, and would rather use the limited practice reps elsewhere.

We actually run these quite a bit, more so last year.

It seems like we ran a million in a row against App St. Mainly it just comes down to alignment and numbers on the outside.

That said, I agree about the jet sweeps.

Interestingly, there was an article about how Ed Orgeron stepped in briefly to calm down all of Matt Canada's motion and shifts because they were ******** it up and committing too many penalties.

Maybe Richt doesn't believe in it because of those drawbacks, and would rather use the limited practice reps elsewhere.

Able, I remember that, and it seemed like most of our bubbles were to Dayall Harris last season(who is now suspended, lol) So I guess he's our Designated Bubbler.

Advertisement
Back