Offense Question: What Would You Rather Have - QB vs OL?

Advertisement
Every championship game that I have seen recently has had a 1st round quarterback. Clemson being the obvious has had a similarly graded OL than us. A good scheme and good quarterback play will hide a lot of offensive deficiencies and KINGS dual threat will help in the running game

OL, pound the rock, let him manage the game. Best O-line in the Nation (Joe Moore Award) won the National Title (yes they had an excellent QB)

A QB at #130 w/ #1 OL unit would literally have to be blind to be that low, but the QB that's #1 with the worst-rated oline would basically be superman.

Realistically I think a great online will benefit you a lot more than just a highly rated QB. Gotta win at the line of scrimmage before anything else.

Advertisement
A QB at #130 w/ #1 OL unit would literally have to be blind to be that low, but the QB that's #1 with the worst-rated oline would basically be superman.

Realistically I think a great online will benefit you a lot more than just a highly rated QB. Gotta win at the line of scrimmage before anything else.
Dak Prescott befor this year..and Jimmy G at Times..both say hold my beer

He wouldn't literally have to be blind, just blind.

Every championship game that I have seen recently has had a 1st round quarterback. Clemson being the obvious has had a similarly graded OL than us. A good scheme and good quarterback play will hide a lot of offensive deficiencies and KINGS dual threat will help in the running game
But they also have a good oline.every playoff team had a decent oline doesn't matter how good the qb is if the oline can't execute the play.

Advertisement
Op your screwed either way.bad qb can make the oline,receivers look bad.and vise versa a bad oline can make a good qb look bad.I'll take good oline half decent qb all day.

Granted having #1 QB and #1 OL unit is ideal...

If you had to run a season, would you rather have:

#1 QB w/ #130 OL unit

or

#130 QB w/ #1 OL unit

For me, #1 OL enables far more than a #1 QB in terms of consistent Ws....

This is like a dumb question your girlfriend asks about football.

Cmon man.

Advertisement
I'll go one step further...

One could easily argue we had the #130 OL this year. Forget #1 QB, if we had any of the playoff QB's...Hurts, Fields, Lawrence, or Burrows...you think we don't win 4 more this year? You think we lose those last three games? And that's with an Enos craptastic offense. You pair Lashlee (top 10 offense) with a top 10 QB?

My vote goes to #1 QB>everything else.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Reality is, when each of the best QB's in football have extreme pressure the whole game...they've looked crappy. Even Dan Marino looked mediocre in the Superbowl against the 49'ers.

Williams went into a worthless shell from the incessant harassment. We'll likely never see it here, but if Williams gets behind a good offensive line, u could see him being a 1st round NFL QB.

For us, King is the answer because we need his skill set this year--- because King can better overcome a sieve-like offensive line. But i think Williams is probably the better QB if each had a great offensive line.

Advertisement
Back