Offense looked Good and defense regained it's old form

Gablescane24

Recruit
I'll admit I was skeptical of kaaya after the first two weeks, But from what I saw last week and tonight makes me vlbelieve this kid will be a stud in the future. As the coaching staff loosens the reigns he is beginning to look more comfortable out there and he puts passes into some tight pockets aka Walford and Lewis.

We need to get duke the ball more on the ground. I like getting him involved in the pass game but anything less than 20 rushing attempts is unacceptable. Abdullah barely came out of the game and I was extremely frustrated when duke would leave after a couple of plays or when we were in the red zone down 10 and Gus came in for him on 1st and goal.

Kaaya to berrios will become a lethal tandem in the future.

Coley gets a B just because there were too many bubble screens and not running the ball on third and 4 down 10 really bugged me
DEFENSE:
A lot of you though the defense had finally turned the corner and was beginning to show signs of agressiveness and more man coverage. I always thought the Nebraska game would really show our true colors since opening night there could be flaws and the two games after were inferior teams. This picture basically sums up D'Nofrio's revolting scheme:

image.jpg

On third and two you're really going to have 4 guys in the box against 6 linemen plus a fullback?
This was the 4th time under D'Nofrio that we've allowed 300+ rushing yards in a game and the 13th time Dnofrio has allowed 200 yds rushing in a game. He needs to go and that's about as politely as I can state it.

What the DC can't control is tackling, and we were beyond awful tonight. You can't bring a talented guy like Abdullah down with shoulder high tackles. Go for the legs, and I remember Corn Elder did a nice job of that on te reverse in the 2nd quarter.

If I'm a defensive recruit, why would I want to play for a coach So passive and stubborn?!?

As for Golden, im on the fence. My approval rating has lowered dramatically, but firing his best bud would be enough for me to let him stay one more year, but he would have to win 9 or 10 in 2015 to keep going.

Advertisement
Great point about Duke. These corches make him put on all this weight and then they don't ask him to carry the load (carry wise).

Butch Davis

Advertisement
Back