Off Topic: ND game in October

Who is going to this? My brother in law is good friends with a guy who is like 4th generation ND graduate. I'm about to strong arm for some tickets...have to have a good showing.

Every fan should go to South Bend once. My wife and I went to the last game of the series in the late 80's. Prepare to change your opinion of the Irish. We were treated very well. Notre Dame had a reception for the Cane visitors including Their Band playing Cane fight songs. They also had ND celebrities there. I got to meet Paul Horning for one. Just saying.

Advertisement
Are tickets already $300+ for anything in that stadium? Anyone on here have better luck finding away tickets for Canes games?

Also, who from this site is either going or looking into it?

I contribute to the Hurricane Club. It guarantees me face value tix.
I don't know how many will be available through the school to the general public.

Who is going to this? My brother in law is good friends with a guy who is like 4th generation ND graduate. I'm about to strong arm for some tickets...have to have a good showing.

Every fan should go to South Bend once. My wife and I went to the last game of the series in the late 80's. Prepare to change your opinion of the Irish. We were treated very well. Notre Dame had a reception for the Cane visitors including Their Band playing Cane fight songs. They also had ND celebrities there. I got to meet Paul Horning for one. Just saying.

Nice post.
I'm as loud and proud as one gets during the games. Off the field is another story.
I've heard others speak of how gracious he ND community is.
I'm looking forward to my first visit to South Bend.

My hometown is like 70 minutes away.

But I aint gonna fall for no banana in the tailpipe again! The Russell Bowl was my last away game, and will be until I see improvement.

This game is setting up like a slaughter, worse than the Soldier Field debacle.

Got tired of paying a lot of money to travel and get run out of stadium after stadium. Win, and Im in for a road trip.

Sorry to hear that Smoke.
Maybe you can give us some advice on hotels?

My hometown is like 70 minutes away.

But I aint gonna fall for no banana in the tailpipe again! The Russell Bowl was my last away game, and will be until I see improvement.

This game is setting up like a slaughter, worse than the Soldier Field debacle.

Got tired of paying a lot of money to travel and get run out of stadium after stadium. Win, and Im in for a road trip.

There is something too this. I think the last 5 big road trips i've been on we've been outscored something like 250-50 (OSU, OU, K-St, ND, Neb).

We have to set you up in some bar or something for the game...please don't go.
Although I did go to the those OSU and ND games...

Advertisement
Are tickets already $300+ for anything in that stadium? Anyone on here have better luck finding away tickets for Canes games?

I don't know how many will be available through the school to the general public.

What level of Hurricane Club do you have to be for away game tickets?

All levels:
"Football Away Game, Bowl Game, Basketball ACC and NCAA Tournament, and Other Postseason Ticket Requests****-Locations and allotments assigned based on availability and donor level at specific venue/event"
What that basically means is, of the 11 levels, if there is a high demand among the levels ahead of you, you may not get tix.
Technically you can give $50 and have a shot at tix, but I doubt it
I'm now at the Orange I ($500). There are 8 levels ahead of me and 2 levels behind me. When I renew tomorrow I'll try to get a feel from the rep on the demand. In 24 years, I've never been denied tickets.
All that being said, If you're doing it to save money for 1 game, probably not the way to go.
I go to multiple games a year, plus I just want to contribute to the program.

All levels:
"Football Away Game, Bowl Game, Basketball ACC and NCAA Tournament, and Other Postseason Ticket Requests****-Locations and allotments assigned based on availability and donor level at specific venue/event"
What that basically means is, of the 11 levels, if there is a high demand among the levels ahead of you, you may not get tix.
Technically you can give $50 and have a shot at tix, but I doubt it
I'm now at the Orange I ($500). There are 8 levels ahead of me and 2 levels behind me. When I renew tomorrow I'll try to get a feel from the rep on the demand. In 24 years, I've never been denied tickets.
All that being said, If you're doing it to save money for 1 game, probably not the way to go.
I go to multiple games a year, plus I just want to contribute to the program.

This. I've never heard of anyone donating $250 or more ever not getting access to at least 2 away game seats for face value. Often you can even get 4 and dump the extra 2 for a decent profit for the big road games.

You guys will be miserable. 3+ hours getting absolutely tormented by ND fans.

I salute you.

Advertisement
Had a question along the same lines as the OP...

The wife and I are looking to come down from Kansas to the Miami/FSU game this year, any suggestions on where to stay and when to possibly buy tickets for the game? Thanks

I've done well buying tickets from the opposing team's website. Invariably I get much cheaper prices than Miami asks for visiting tickets.

I check where the visiting sections are and then find the best value ticket smack alongside. Often I'm only feet away from the Canes section, in a mixture of Canes fans and home fans, but I've paid half or less of what the Canes wanted.

It's actually very interesting to sit with visiting fans and chat with them. They have stereotyped impressions of Canes fans and are somewhat startled when I'm not spewing profanities in every sentence. Cincinnati fans were actually scared of me last season and didn't start conversing until halftime, mostly because I laughed at their failed third down screens in the first half. Everything else was working.

This season it looks like I'll try to attend the back to back road games at Virginia and North Carolina State on November 12 and 19. I've never attended a game at either venue. Maybe base in Williamsburg during the week in between, with a time share exchange. Should be nice and nippy in mid to late November. Then I can visit relatives in Orlando for Thanksgiving before arriving in Miami in time for the finale against Duke.

Dont go!

You will be mocked, laughed at an run out of the stadium! Cant imagine a worse **** than being a cans fan at ND for the blowout.

This is EXACTLY the type of game Richt loses. All smiles, saying all the right things, hinting at injury excuses and basically being a swell loser with a "wait till next year" spirit.

The line might be so big you may want to take Miami and the points.

I think you guys are underestimating the difficulty in getting tickets. You can't even buy a Notre Dame season ticket, and I would assume our allotment will be in high demand.

Advertisement
I think you guys are underestimating the difficulty in getting tickets. You can't even buy a Notre Dame season ticket, and I would assume our allotment will be in high demand.

I'm sure ND is accepting new fans, so if you wanna go ahead and stop *****ing and moaning on here that'd be great

I'm sure ND is accepting new fans, so if you wanna go ahead and stop *****ing and moaning on here that'd be great

? Not sure what you mean. I will he there, just pointing out that this is a tough ticket. We probably get 5k and they will go fast.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back