Off Topic: Hurts OU vs Baga

Rather see Canes in playoffs, buy wouldn't it be nice to see Hurts and OU beat baga in the playoffs like clemson did?

Advertisement
Lincoln Riley is the real deal

Welcome to 5 years ago. Riley was a guy that I was hoping Miami went after when Golden got canned(If Miami was going to go outside the box), but OU made him an offer to be an OC with the understanding of being the HCIW. I doubt Miami even went beyond the typical "Miami Guy" list, and here we are. Riley is in the perfect place, he has access to talent in Texas, he is at a school that is all in on football and he will be paid like a king if he continues to win. There's no reason for him to head to the NFL, that's where great college coaches go to die. Think about it. How many great college coaches have worked out in the NFL? Jimmy Johnson. Uhhhh....Uhhhh....That's pretty much it, and Jimmy worked out because he was by far the best personnel man to have ever walked the earth.

Advertisement
Oklahoma with Hurts, Ohio State with Fields, Georgia, and Baga would make for an interesting CFP.

Especially if the first round is OU-Bama and OSU-UGA.

Advertisement
Riley is king in Oklahoma but how much pressure will there be if he doesn’t win a NC? He’s 0-2 in the playoffs.

The OU administration eventually more or less forced Stoops out and he won a NC.

Advertisement
OU still has trash can defense.

Welcome to 5 years ago. Riley was a guy that I was hoping Miami went after when Golden got canned(If Miami was going to go outside the box), but OU made him an offer to be an OC with the understanding of being the HCIW. I doubt Miami even went beyond the typical "Miami Guy" list, and here we are. Riley is in the perfect place, he has access to talent in Texas, he is at a school that is all in on football and he will be paid like a king if he continues to win. There's no reason for him to head to the NFL, that's where great college coaches go to die. Think about it. How many great college coaches have worked out in the NFL? Jimmy Johnson. Uhhhh....Uhhhh....That's pretty much it, and Jimmy worked out because he was by far the best personnel man to have ever walked the earth.
That guys absolutely knows how to run an offense when he has the talent to get it done. I've noticed that pretty much no one in CFB currently can run an offense to the strengths of his QB the way he does it, but as far as NFL talk, you can put a lid on it.

He knows what his strengths are and he can have all the glory as the HC in Oklahoma, however he'll never be an JC in the NFL. The best he'll do is OC. He would have to prove he can manage a defense that can stop someone first

Saban losing to Hurts would be pretty sweet.

Probably won’t happen, though, because...DEFENSE.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back