Off-season material

StevoBevo

Freshman
Starting next Saturday we are officially 12 weeks away from “week 1” and 13 weeks away from Miami Vs Bethune Cookman & the 2022 season.

I thought it would be a neat idea to have one of our experts at breakdowns (if not I will do it LOL) for each opponent we face.

Our schedule looks like this:
(Rankings are based off of 247sports projections. FWIW they have Miami at 19#)
Vs Bethune Cookman
Vs Southern Miss
@ Texas A&M #4
Vs middle Tennessee
BYE
Vs UNC
@ VTech
Vs Duke
@ UVA
Vs FSU
@ Gtech
@ Clemson #5
Vs PITT #20

My idea essentially was that we would spend each week breaking down our opponent.
Each day would be something new such as:
Day 1: O vs D (scheme, experience, returning/departing talent)
Day 2: D Vs O (scheme, experience, Returning/departing talent etc)
Day 3: WRs Vs OPP DBs ( & Vice Versa )
Day 4 OL Vs OPP DL ( & Vice versa )
Day 5 RB/TEs Vs OPP LB ( & Vice Versa )
Day 6 Overall breakdown (Prediction, X-Factors, schedule advantage such as placement of opponent on our schedule, and final thoughts )

Obviously the format is up for discussion and maybe I’m just a bit too eager for the season to start (or too bored) but I feel like this would be an excellent point of discussion and a chance to go in depth with every opponent on our schedule as well as our team. What say you?

Advertisement
With PITT losing Addison it really seems like UNC is our biggest threat to the coastal. But there are some matchups I’m very very Intrigued on how we match up. Such as Texas A&Ms QB/WRS Vs our Secondary, our new look Oline + Scheme Vs Clemsons DLINE & LBs, how much facing Bethune Cookman & Southern Miss can help us Gel together before A&M, will we have Bye week woes against UNC?

Advertisement
With PITT losing Addison it really seems like UNC is our biggest threat to the coastal. But there are some matchups I’m very very Intrigued on how we match up. Such as Texas A&Ms QB/WRS Vs our Secondary, our new look Oline + Scheme Vs Clemsons DLINE & LBs, how much facing Bethune Cookman & Southern Miss can help us Gel together before A&M, will we have Bye week woes against UNC?
This is no longer a Miaz led team! Our head coach is not letting our guys slack during bye week! Those days are over

This is no longer a Miaz led team! Our head coach is not letting our guys slack during bye week! Those days are over
Leadership is different but many of the players remain. I am not seeing major improvements until year 2 of Mario.

Pitts QB is terrible. atm and clumpson is our biggest challenge. UNC will be a dog fight even though I think they're going to have a rough season.

Advertisement
That sounds fun but i'm just here for the freddie miles threads.
LOL. God knows I love Freddie Miles because im an ole school cat but CIS has made that guy out to be like he was some RB God that fell to earth or something. He was great. But his name is mentioned WAAAAAAY too much for a guy who was essentially a local HS legend. But I digress.

Here is a look at how the teams on Miami’s 2022 schedule rank in ESPN's SP+ projection:

- Sept. 3: Bethune-Cookman: FCS opponent, not ranked

- Sept. 10: Southern Miss: No. 93 (was No. 98)

- Sept. 17: @Texas A&M: No. 8 (was No. 6)

- Sept. 24: Middle Tennessee: No. 106 (was No. 104)

- Oct. 8: North Carolina: No. 34 (was No. 40)

- Oct. 15: @Virginia Tech: No. 61 (was No. 59)

- Oct. 22: Duke: No. 119 (was No. 117)

- Oct. 29: @Virginia: No. 55 (was No. 63)

- Nov. 5: Florida State: No. 28 (was No. 24)

- Nov. 12: @Georgia Tech: No. 90 (was No. 92)

- Nov. 19: @Clemson: No. 6 (was No. 5)

- Nov. 26: Pittsburgh: No. 19 (was No. 13)

Basically we play five Top 40 opponents in 2022: TAMU, UNC, FSU, Clemson, and Pittsburgh per this metric.

The rankings and methodology can be found here https://www.espn.com/college-footba...otball-updated-sp+-preseason-projections-2022

Here is a look at how the teams on Miami’s 2022 schedule rank in ESPN's SP+ projection:

Basically we play five Top 40 opponents in 2022: TAMU, UNC, FSU, Clemson, and Pittsburgh per this metric.

The rankings and methodology can be found here https://www.espn.com/college-footba...otball-updated-sp+-preseason-projections-2022
From the looks of those rankings, Duke vs. Bethune would probably be a Pick Em'.....

Advertisement

If we beat all the non-top 40 teams, & go 2/3 vs FSU/UNC/Pitt, I think this season would be a huge success. 9-3 regular season should have us in a good spot as far as recruiting goes.

If we can steal another win from those other 3 - all of which are winnable in a vacuum - well… depending on who we beat and how their season goes, we could be contending for a NY6 game.

Advertisement
LOL. God knows I love Freddie Miles because im an ole school cat but CIS has made that guy out to be like he was some RB God that fell to earth or something. He was great. But his name is mentioned WAAAAAAY too much for a guy who was essentially a local HS legend. But I digress.
I see a high noon scenario with you and SWFLHurricane in your near future.

Advertisement
Back