Off season looking way ahead thread

Miami04

Senior
So I am bored and preparing for my friends to ask me how Miami is going to be this year. I know my answer is if we don't win the Coastal it will be a major let down and we should be a top 20 team...all depending on finding a QB.

But lets look way ahead. With the Freshman this year and the incoming class next year. Does the 2018 have what it takes to be a National Title contender?

Pros:
QB is in 2nd year starting
LB & DB's for the most part all return (depending on who starts this year at DB)
OL talent is upgraded

Cons:
Lose a bunch of DT's
Walton will most likely be gone

With a big worry being a mass exodus of DT's that could hamper our D and having to break in a new starting RB I dont see many other weak spots. And lets be honest with the RB class we have coming in I am really not worried about RB.

Kind of feel like (I'm going to do it) last year was 1999 and this season is 2000 leading to the big step the following year.

Just thought I would get some thoughts since news is slow.

Advertisement
So I am bored and preparing for my friends to ask me how Miami is going to be this year. I know my answer is if we don't win the Coastal it will be a major let down and we should be a top 20 team...all depending on finding a QB.

But lets look way ahead. With the Freshman this year and the incoming class next year. Does the 2018 have what it takes to be a National Title contender?

Pros:
QB is in 2nd year starting
LB & DB's for the most part all return (depending on who starts this year at DB)
OL talent is upgraded

Cons:
Lose a bunch of DT's
Walton will most likely be gone

With a big worry being a mass exodus of DT's that could hamper our D and having to break in a new starting RB I dont see many other weak spots. And lets be honest with the RB class we have coming in I am really not worried about RB.

Kind of feel like (I'm going to do it) last year was 1999 and this season is 2000 leading to the big step the following year.

Just thought I would get some thoughts since news is slow.

Pros:
DB: only losing the GT at CB and likely bringing in 7-8 of the best DBs in the country. Don't think DB will be an issue until 2021

Cons:
We lose 3-4 OL that have started for four years in McDermott, Darling, Sunny, Linder. Sure the talent level may improve but experience is gone! St Louis, Donaldson, Gauthier are likely starters this year so we will need 4-5 guys to step-up or 2018 will be a wash. Sure those four Seniors aren't AAs but they have a ton of experience. We need to hit on 3 of 5 from the class of 2017 and Brown to be a pro for 2018.

Advertisement
Back