Off - Season Coaching Moves

Advertisement

TAMU's CB coach gets hired by the Cowboys.

He's a Baylor alum & started out as a GA there, coached at Buffalo under Jeff Quinn & was at Iowa St under Paul Rhoads, also coached at Miss St with Mullen. He's a really good recruiter.

TAMU will be in the market for a new CB's coach.

And just like that Jumbo snatches up TJ Rushing from FSU.

He played at Stanford, was a QC at AZ St when Norvell was OC there, coached at Northern AZ & returned to AZ St as CB's coach for 2 years under Todd Graham & was CB's coach at Memphis for the last two season with Norvell.

He was hired just less than a month ago to by FSU's new CB coach for Norvell.

And just like that Jumbo snatches up TJ Rushing from FSU.

He played at Stanford, was a QC at AZ St when Norvell was OC there, coached at Northern AZ & returned to AZ St as CB's coach for 2 years under Todd Graham & was CB's coach at Memphis for the last two season with Norvell.

He was hired just less than a month ago to by FSU's new CB coach for Norvell.

I remember playing with him with the Colts back on Madden 07/08

Advertisement
Advertisement

Just 11 days after he was hired at Cuse, Mike Leach gets the steal...

Zach Arnett is one of the best young DC's in the business, wish Diaz would've replaced Baker with him.

Great move & great hire by Leach.

All the words that would be written about Miami being in a 3-3-5 on this board...That hire would've been worth it just for that

Advertisement
All the words that would be written about Miami being in a 3-3-5 on this board...That hire would've been worth it just for that
3-3-5 isn't much different from the 4-2-5 we already run, they basically have the same style concepts.

Advertisement
SEC > ACC in terms of prestige
I think it had more to do with the job itself & the access to talent.

As a DC I'd much rather coach & recruit at a program like Miss St in a region that produces NFL players annually & is much easier to recruit, than to be at a Basketball school in the Northeast that is very difficult to get top quality defensive talent.

The amount of very good DT's, DE's & LB's in the heart of SEC country in Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, the Carolinas, Louisiana etc, that you can recruit & actually land would be enough for me to take that job over the Cuse gig.

Advertisement
Back