Odds shifted against playing ND this coming weekend...

Advertisement
I definitely want this game but Brian Kelly would lose his mind if they scheduled this game. They have a shot at the CFP right now even with a L to Clemson. Why would they agree to this?

IF IF IF IF this is true, we better not fold and go up there. They need to come down here.

It will almost certainly be at ND. They were slated to be home this week and Miami was slated to travel to Wake. No way the ACC flips that.

We’d get rolled

Just like we got rolled in 2017. F#cking loser mentality. Reality is that the Clemson game this year was too big for Miami and our players knew they didn't have much of a chance. If Lawrence had played against ND this year, the Domers would have 100% taken an L and would probably be ranked around #6 right now. Three years ago, Miami took apart #3 ND. So enough with the vaginal secretions that ND would roll Miami.

Advertisement
I definitely want this game but Brian Kelly would lose his mind if they scheduled this game. They have a shot at the CFP right now even with a L to Clemson. Why would they agree to this?

As long as they keep UF out I'm happy. Better case is if the playoff committee goes with either BYU or Cincy.

Remember guys OP said there was a 50/50 chance of us playing NC State a few weeks ago. You really going to believe him here?

Yes! @5XNC posted something ahead of time awhile ago that was spot on, so I believe him.

Doesn’t always turn out to be correct (happened to me once with some “inside” info I got) but that’s just how it goes sometimes.

Possibly, but I think there are several other scenarios and options. Have UNC cancel WCU and play us next week on the original schedule date. There are 4 teams we haven't played yet that are not scheduled on the 12th - Dook, GT, Cuse, and BC. Pick one of those 4.

Advertisement
Notre Dame has literally nothing to gain from playing Miami and everything to lose. The ACC isn’t going to upend everything to promote Miami.

The acc does whatever ND wants - there is no about that. They aren't even a member of the conference and get preferential treatment.

It's like paying steep union dues yet contract after contract keeps going to the non union workers. At some point the union members would start breaking kneecaps.

Don’t be so fast on the “ND gains nothing” train.

Yes, if ND beats Clemson again they’re in the playoff and the #1 seed, most likely. Of course. But there is a VERY good chance the ACC gets 2 teams in this year with all the reshuffling. If ND beats us, then loses a close game to Clemson, they could still get in. A win vs a Top 15 Miami team would help their resume tremendously.

Don’t be so fast on the “ND gains nothing” train.

Yes, if ND beats Clemson again they’re in the playoff and the #1 seed, most likely. Of course. But there is a VERY good chance the ACC gets 2 teams in this year with all the reshuffling. If ND beats us, then loses a close game to Clemson, they could still get in. A win vs a Top 15 Miami team would help their resume tremendously.

Top 10 Miami team. But go on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Notre Dame loses to Clemson and the college playoff chances don’t change much. They get a “quality loss” and a “quality win” against a top team in Clemson.

The teams with a shot at the playoff today are listed below and any other team has zero shot due to the reality of the selection committee.

Notre Dame
Clemson
Ohio State
Alabama
Florida
Texas A&M

Advertisement
Back