OC name trends and why I'm happy

2. How amazing our previous regime did not see the potential we had as a program with the current talent and potential recruits.[/QUOTE]

They did just too ******* STUBBORN 😤🤯🤬

Advertisement
Maybe I haven't been reading the threads closely enough, but I would be curious to understand who people want if not this group. I don't see a lot of realistic alternatives being thrown out.

Manny's treating Miami football like Miami football, and not some summer camp to bring your friends and family

I'd rather he take his time and get the best OC possible. Everyone wants him to make a hire NOW and that's a mistake....this is THE most important hire of Manny's tenure and will likely define his success here.

Take your time player.

With the next recruiting contact period opening up in a matter of days, and the relatively weak offensive class we have for 2019, I don’t think he has the luxury of time. He needs at least the nucleus of the offensive staff in place soon, to hit the recruiting trail with a vengeance and close strong.

Advertisement
With the next recruiting contact period opening up in a matter of days, and the relatively weak offensive class we have for 2019, I don’t think he has the luxury of time. He needs at least the nucleus of the offensive staff in place soon, to hit the recruiting trail with a vengeance and close strong.

Couldn't disagree more. At this point the 2019 recruiting class is a sunk cost. Collateral damage. Unless we hire a huge name (like Fedora) we're not going to magically flip any guys at this point.

If there's a guy that he really likes who requires some waiting....you wait. Nothing is more important right now than the OC hire. We've had 20 years of bad OC's....let's get this one right for once.

On a side note, anyone try that padded underwear they're now advertising on the site...makes your *** look better...asking for a friend.

Couldn't disagree more. At this point the 2019 recruiting class is a sunk cost. Collateral damage. Unless we hire a huge name (like Fedora) we're not going to magically flip any guys at this point.

If there's a guy that he really likes who requires some waiting....you wait. Nothing is more important right now than the OC hire. We've had 20 years of bad OC's....let's get this one right for once.
Exactly and if it is someone from the NC teams, their game is over Monday night; plenty of time before the contact period opens back up on Thursday

100% agree. Making a rush OC hire to try to save 1-2 recruits is a Richt move (IE promoting Banda instantly to DC). Missing on the OC hire in order to MAYBE get a low-4* recruit on offense (that is really all we are in for at this point) would be a incredibly shortsighted decision IMO.

Advertisement
So far, I'm thoroughly impressed with the way Manny has handled himself and with the moves he's made. He's made it crystal clear that he understands what an important hire the OC is and doesn't seem to be making a rash decision about it. Time is of the essence and I have no doubt he's aware of that. Nevertheless, he seems to be taking the necessary time to make the right choice.

Their 2 parts to what you’ve mentioned in my opinion:

1. Every major coach knows Miami is sleeping and will never be woken up.
2. How amazing our previous regime did not see the potential we had as a program with the current talent and potential recruits.

Fixed

100% agree. Making a rush OC hire to try to save 1-2 recruits is a Richt move (IE promoting Banda instantly to DC). Missing on the OC hire in order to MAYBE get a low-4* recruit on offense (that is really all we are in for at this point) would be a incredibly shortsighted decision IMO.
Who said we was trying to get 1 or 2 more recruits, that's not true at all before manny was HC MR and Thomas brown were talking about adding at least 9 more recruits to the class, on guessing manny wants to do the same.

Advertisement
Back