OC Candidates

Advertisement
Hate to break it you, but we are not THAT Miami anymore. Where we can have that pick of the litter. We are 15 years removed from our glory years. Yea we dont have to scrap the bottom of the barrel just on brand name along, but we are shopping in mid tier for now.

Best strategy for Miami is to bunch of technicians on the staff, about 70/30 ratio, coach the kids up and win and the blue chippers will fall in place.

I know we can’t have the pick of the litter. But hate to break it to you, but hiring an oc who has SOME oc experience SOMEWHERE is not holding out for the pick of the litter.

Plenty of good options available. I’d go the poaching route with Jeff Lebby who just got hired by ole miss. Offer him something he can’t refuse in terms of money. Obviously joe Brady and a host of others. I like Mark helfrich too just imagining that Oregon offense being run in Miami with tempo

Advertisement
Dorsey would be the ultimate Manny move. He gets his pro style OC and is spared of criticism because our fanbase is obsessed with hiring former players and nostalgia.

I agree the obsession with former players is nutty.

That being said, Dorsey did great work in Carolina, is doing a good job in Buffalo, and is well thought of within coaching circles.

Putting aside the pipe dream of Cristobal as a potential HC, of all the former 'Canes in coaching, he and Mike Barrow are the two that I wouldn't mind seeing back on staff at UM. Yes, Winston Moss and Alfredo Roberts are doing well, but they are more suited to the NFL than the college game.

I agree the obsession with former players is nutty.

That being said, Dorsey did great work in Carolina, is doing a good job in Buffalo, and is well thought of within coaching circles.

Putting aside the pipe dream of Cristobal as a potential HC, of all the former 'Canes in coaching, he and Mike Barrow are the two that I wouldn't mind seeing back on staff at UM. Yes, Winston Moss and Alfredo Roberts are doing well, but they are more suited to the NFL than the college game.
Lt36?

Advertisement
We need an oc you can go into those Midwest farmhouses and talk some of those big corn fed white boys to come play on the o line. Sell them on the thick *** females we have down here in south beach. Iowa and wisky has a bunch of those big farm boy types. We just need a few of them and our o line will be straight.

we need some ebony and ivory type ****. A few dirty farm boys with our so fla speed. Watch out!

Advertisement
Seems like Texas hiring Yurcich is official and public. That leaves us looking for an OC and Oregon. Anyone else I’m missing that could be in the same conversation as us? We basically get to pick best available if we’re willing to fork out the right amount of $. Would be extremely hard to **** this up if we’re paying over $1.0 million and looking for a true proven spread or air raid type guy. Might even be some good NFL options come available soon (Helfrich?)
It should be nearly impossible to fck this up. But if I know Manure he’ll find a way. He’ll bring in Applebag or Larry Sombrero and hail himself a genius.

Seems like Texas hiring Yurcich is official and public. That leaves us looking for an OC and Oregon. Anyone else I’m missing that could be in the same conversation as us? We basically get to pick best available if we’re willing to fork out the right amount of $. Would be extremely hard to **** this up if we’re paying over $1.0 million and looking for a true proven spread or air raid type guy. Might even be some good NFL options come available soon (Helfrich?)
Georgia possibly.

Advertisement
Plenty of good options available. I’d go the poaching route with Jeff Lebby who just got hired by ole miss. Offer him something he can’t refuse in terms of money. Obviously joe Brady and a host of others. I like Mark helfrich too just imagining that Oregon offense being run in Miami with tempo
The Chip Kelly offense doesn’t even work for Chip Kelly anymore.

It's just a guess. Georgia fans are as restless with coley as we were with enos. Their offense was awful this year.

Tried to warn some of them. That roster would be scary good with a good scheme but again I’m not sure who they would hire or what type of offense Smart would pursue if they went a different direction.

The trend of defensive minded HCs has been to hire a pro-style offense and take away pace to protect their side of the ball. (Manny, Smart, Pruitt, Muschamp, etc)

The only defensive HCs I can think of that’s not doing that is Saban and Ed O and look what they’re doing on offense and as a program in general.

Advertisement
Back