OC Candidates

Bruce Feldman put out an article on NFL assistants to keep an eye on for college openings.

Interesting names:

Kellen Moore
Todd Monken
George Godsey
Ken Dorsey (no thanks)

Advertisement
What’s your take on his perceived lack of TE use? Is it a matter of what he currently has to work with as opposed to a philosophical stance? I don’t necessarily hold this view but I have seen this mentioned in this thread and it would be a red flag to me if he somehow didn’t use the TE much in his offense.
It's more so personnel than anything, when you have 3 WR's catching over 60 passes a piece between them you're not going to have to work the TE as much because that's not a strength for Ark St, his play calling style is to play to his best players strengths rather than force feed a position of weakness for them.

I don't think it's an issue, we had a TE centric offense with Enox & that didn't do anything for us. The best offenses in college football are centered around the WR corps & their RB's, that's not to say that TE's don't matter or won't be used, but a TE first offense isn't winning us much. We have to become a team that is a threat on the outside with our WR's in order to open up the rest of the field for the RB's & TE's. Look at LSU, Clemson, Oh St etc, their offense is powered by the QB, WR & RB.

Advertisement
It's more so personnel than anything, when you have 3 WR's catching over 60 passes a piece between them you're not going to have to work the TE as much because that's not a strength for Ark St, his play calling style is to play to his best players strengths rather than force feed a position of weakness for them.

I don't think it's an issue, we had a TE centric offense with Enox & that didn't do anything for us. The best offenses in college football are centered around the WR corps & their RB's, that's not to say that TE's don't matter or won't be used, but a TE first offense isn't winning us much. We have to become a team that is a threat on the outside with our WR's in order to open up the rest of the field for the RB's & TE's. Look at LSU, Clemson, Oh St etc, their offense is powered by the QB, WR & RB.

That, and if you've got athletes like Mallory and Jordan you can line them up all over the field and let them function as WRs on certain plays.

I know most are opposed to Dorsey as OC, but what do you guys think of him as a non play calling Co-OC/QB coach while getting another guy as our play calling Co-OC?

Anybody against us hiring Heckendorf clearly doesn't know wtf they're talking about & hasn't done their research.

It's also funny to see the board just now get hip to KH when I been posting on the man for months now...

We give Heckendorf all the weapons we got on Offense & he'll transform us overnight just off pace & scheme alone, that's a bet.

You guys that want some tenured long time vet OC to come here are trippin, young & up-coming is the way to go for this team with this personnel.

If the rumors are true, Heckendorf would be a great hire, don't let the mopes tell you any different either.
I trust u LCE till death

I know most are opposed to Dorsey as OC, but what do you guys think of him as a non play calling Co-OC/QB coach while getting another guy as our play calling Co-OC?
Dorsey has a great football mind. If the chips fall the right way for him in his career (over an extended period of time), I could see him becoming a great HC somewhere some day. He is certainly qualified as a QB coach & I'm highly confident he would be a very intelligent playcaller as well (in any system). He's also a fierce competitor & his preparation is second to none. Any program would be really lucky to have him.

Advertisement
Dorsey has a great football mind. If the chips fall the right way for him in his career (over an extended period of time), I could see him becoming a great HC somewhere some day. He is certainly qualified as a QB coach & I'm highly confident he would be a very intelligent playcaller as well (in any system). He's also a fierce competitor & his preparation is second to none. Any program would be really lucky to have him.
It just feels inevitable that he will be at UM one day.

ASU was ranked in the 100’s for their rushing offense. High ranked total offense but low rushing numbers gives me a bit of worry about their overall balance. With our backs, we need to use them and use them well. Was the low ranked rushing attack due to their WRs just being a huge strength so he didn’t go to it much or what? Honest question, I didn’t watch a lick of ASU so I’m curious.

This is all for nothing anyway, we are going to get someone who hasn’t been mentioned on this board yet, lol.

Anybody against us hiring Heckendorf clearly doesn't know wtf they're talking about & hasn't done their research.

It's also funny to see the board just now get hip to KH when I been posting on the man for months now...

We give Heckendorf all the weapons we got on Offense & he'll transform us overnight just off pace & scheme alone, that's a bet.

You guys that want some tenured long time vet OC to come here are trippin, young & up-coming is the way to go for this team with this personnel.

If the rumors are true, Heckendorf would be a great hire, don't let the mopes tell you any different either.

I like him as well, his stats are impressive.

What about his recruiting? Any thoughts on that.
Either way we need to hire some good recruiters on this staff.

Bruce Feldman put out an article on NFL assistants to keep an eye on for college openings.

Interesting names:

Kellen Moore
Todd Monken
George Godsey
Ken Dorsey (no thanks)

Kellen Moore is unreal.

NFL teams gonna be lining up for him.

Monken is interesting...its Arians offense, but if he brings that back to the college game...yo.

Dorsey is a good QB Coach.

Advertisement
People saying yost wouldn’t come here are missing one huge point. This would be the first time in his career he’d be calling plays and running his offense utilizing the superior athletes in 90% of the games. We have better athletes than the entire coastal. I think he’d love to come here and make use of those athletes.

Hahaha why do people keep acting like our roster is stacked like the teams we saw last night? Our talent is equal to the rest of the teams in the coastal. Very average .

ASU was ranked in the 100’s for their rushing offense. High ranked total offense but low rushing numbers gives me a bit of worry about their overall balance. With our backs, we need to use them and use them well. Was the low ranked rushing attack due to their WRs just being a huge strength so he didn’t go to it much or what? Honest question, I didn’t watch a lick of ASU so I’m curious.

This is all for nothing anyway, we are going to get someone who hasn’t been mentioned on this board yet, lol.

ASU had Eno Benjamin back who was probably PAC 12 leading rusher with over 1600 yards in 2018.. but they lost Senior QB Manny Wilkins and studd WR Nkeal Harry.. so they started Jayden Daniles a true Frosh QB and teams loaded up the box to stop them from pounding Eno.. Eno had some 20 carry 52 yard and 40 yard games, but still put up 1000 yard on the year.. Herm Edwards fired the OC and rest of O staff after the season.. Part of the reason was bcuz of being to stupid to stop running into a stacked box some games.. lmao.. Herm been around the block and felt his O staff shizz the bed this year

Advertisement
ASU had Eno Benjamin back who was probably PAC 12 leading rusher with over 1600 yards in 2018.. but they lost Senior QB Manny Wilkins and studd WR Nkeal Harry.. so they started Jayden Daniles a true Frosh QB and teams loaded up the box to stop them from pounding Eno.. Eno had some 20 carry 52 yard and 40 yard games, but still put up 1000 yard on the year.. Herm Edwards fired the OC and rest of O staff after the season.. Part of the reason was bcuz of being to stupid to stop running into a stacked box some games.. lmao.. Herm been around the block and felt his O staff shizz the bed this year

Was referring to Arkansas State, not Arizona State my bad lol. The OC in discussion is at Arkansas State, sorry for the confusion.

That's both a strong and weird statement unless you know him personally.:LOL:

This is a message board Damon (Friday after next voice) :ROFLMAO:. Put the key board down for the day my guy.
Cause I usually agree with him it's rare we disagree on stuff and he's know for being a straight shooter no bs. Their are few guys like that here and he doesn't let emotions get in the way and he rarely is biased torwards the O/G

Advertisement
Back