OC Candidates

Advertisement
Anybody against us hiring Heckendorf clearly doesn't know wtf they're talking about & hasn't done their research.

It's also funny to see the board just now get hip to KH when I been posting on the man for months now...

We give Heckendorf all the weapons we got on Offense & he'll transform us overnight just off pace & scheme alone, that's a bet.

You guys that want some tenured long time vet OC to come here are trippin, young & up-coming is the way to go for this team with this personnel.

If the rumors are true, Heckendorf would be a great hire, don't let the mopes tell you any different either.
You’re right and I agree with you. If we bring this Hecken dwarf into the program it will allow Manny to lose 8 games next year and fire Manny Diaz. So I’m all aboard with this hire. Go Canes!

Advertisement
we shouldn’t hire unqualified candidates because they played for Miami. If he took the oc gig at app state and did well then for sure. The fact that he is a priority candidate is just another indication of the many dumb decisions we’ve made. Like stealing manny back from temple.

Hate to break it you, but we are not THAT Miami anymore. Where we can have that pick of the litter. We are 15 years removed from our glory years. Yea we dont have to scrap the bottom of the barrel just on brand name along, but we are shopping in mid tier for now.

Best strategy for Miami is to bunch of technicians on the staff, about 70/30 ratio, coach the kids up and win and the blue chippers will fall in place.

Anybody against us hiring Heckendorf clearly doesn't know wtf they're talking about & hasn't done their research.

It's also funny to see the board just now get hip to KH when I been posting on the man for months now...

We give Heckendorf all the weapons we got on Offense & he'll transform us overnight just off pace & scheme alone, that's a bet.

You guys that want some tenured long time vet OC to come here are trippin, young & up-coming is the way to go for this team with this personnel.

If the rumors are true, Heckendorf would be a great hire, don't let the mopes tell you any different either.
What’s your take on his perceived lack of TE use? Is it a matter of what he currently has to work with as opposed to a philosophical stance? I don’t necessarily hold this view but I have seen this mentioned in this thread and it would be a red flag to me if he somehow didn’t use the TE much in his offense.

@Liberty City El what's you're take on Curt Cignetti? Been a HC at JMU, Elon, and IUP last several years so may only leave JMU for a lower level FBS HC job however he makes less than 500k a year so you never know. Was on staff at NC State with Manny for a few years as QB coach and was on Sabans staff at Alabama for 3-4 years and WR coach and recruiting coordinator.. Seems to have won at all 3 stops and turned the first 2 programs around but I know nothing about his offense.

Advertisement

Agree with everything you've said El but what about the comments that the UNC fans hate him because he's not a great recruiter? That kind of scares me a little bit. We don't need any more guys on this staff who can't recruit.

If Heckendorf is hired, what's his coaching tree look like LCE? IF Manny cans Barry and Stubbs, does he have any connections for replacements? Or will it fall on Manny to find replacements.?

Also, there's rumors out here today about Brady. Being a relative newcomer, would he be able to find replacements or would it fall on Manny?

Advertisement

Preach

One of the CIS Gods has spoken. Y’all need to shut up and listen.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back