OC Candidates

Advertisement
I have no idea what you are talking about when you say ‘excuse.’. That comment makes no sense. I’m not providing an excuse. I’m sharing an opinion. My view is this is likely pointless. Hardly an excuse - the reason it’s pointless is because he sucks so he gets no quarter for that. I’d just rather move on with a real fix rather than playing out another year of kabuki theater.

You seem to be insisting it’s not a pointless search, but when it translates into an underwhelming hire, you’re going to land on my sneakers — you’ll say they ****ed up again vs my view it was never going to happen, but who cares at that point?

I'm not saying you. That is more directed at the quoted poster and others I've seen around here lately. Not toward you. More extending your discussion. We agree...he sucks, lacks foresight, etc. But saying that Manny will hire a bum because he'll swing and miss on choices 1-15 of stud coaches because they simply won't come here (something I've been reading here since word of Enos' imminent departure) is just wrong. Manny COULD find a coach that would come here that would be a great hire. He won't...but its not because the University of Miami is some toxic dead end job for a lame duck coach.

That's all I'm saying.

Ultimately, he'll hire some lazy bum he's connected to (Major Applewhite) or some guy that he "respects because he did well versus my defense" (Larry Fedora)...basically, nothing we'd want or that would get results.

I'm not saying you. That is more directed at the quoted poster and others I've seen around here lately. Not toward you. More extending your discussion. We agree...he sucks, lacks foresight, etc. But saying that Manny will hire a bum because he'll swing and miss on choices 1-15 of stud coaches because they simply won't come here (something I've been reading here since word of Enos' imminent departure) is just wrong. Manny COULD find a coach that would come here that would be a great hire. He won't...but its not because the University of Miami is some toxic dead end job for a lame duck coach.

That's all I'm saying.

Ultimately, he'll hire some lazy bum he's connected to (Major Applewhite) or some guy that he "respects because he did well versus my defense" (Larry Fedora)...basically, nothing we'd want or that would get results.
I don’t know what else to say. Sounds like you share my expectation of the hire, but you just have a different story to explain it. We’ll see. I personally think manny will do anything to survive ... including hiring a good OC if he can. But he won’t. Because a good OC with a career going in the right direction isn’t going to come here to work for manny in this situation dynamic. JMO.

Advertisement
This right here.......its SAD but true

I know D'Eriq King is an absolute long shot, but if we somehow paired him with Yost, Gleeson, Heckendorf...I mean there's no way we don't put up at least 30 ppg. I really don't like Costello I think he's a bum, but I don't know of many other viable QB options in the portal.

We can't go wrong with any of @Liberty City El's OC options, but it's up to Manuelita to make it happen.

Advertisement
I know D'Eriq King is an absolute long shot, but if we somehow paired him with Yost, Gleeson, Heckendorf...I mean there's no way we don't put up at least 30 ppg. I really don't like Costello I think he's a bum, but I don't know of many other viable QB options in the portal.
King would be ideal but that **** is just not in the cards.

Rumors are Mark Helfrich may be a sacrificial lamb out of Chicago. He's only OC in name only there as Nagy calls the plays.

This could potentially be a really nice hire
But I’ve been disappointed so many times now I don’t expect it

Advertisement
Rumors are Mark Helfrich may be a sacrificial lamb out of Chicago. He's only OC in name only there as Nagy calls the plays.
That’s who Richt would’ve call if he didn’t retire. He came down once to give Mark some scheme ideas.

Advertisement
Just sharing what I’ve seen
View attachment 106421

giphy (22).gif

Advertisement
Back