OBJ handing out cash after the game

tenor-22.gif

Advertisement
I just read an interview with Burrows after the game and he was asked if OBJ gave him any cash. He said "Yes, but I'm not a student athlete anymore so I can say yes." LOL
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/joe-bu...ter-national-championship-game-190843478.html

Of course, I'm sure OBJ brought along 2 different types of cash to hand out Monday Night. Real cash for those entering the NFL draft and novelty cash for student athletes; because he's responsible like that..

But I'm sure it was a "publicity stunt".

Did anyone ask Burrow if the players gave back the REAL money after the cameras stopped filming?

Advertisement
But I thought it was fake money....what's to investigate.

To think anything will ever really come of this.....

"Those guys are welcome back in our doors. They played in purple and gold," Orgeron said. "They don't have to make an appointment to come see us. Practice is open. Every time they come to practice we ask them to come talk to our team. Patrick Peterson, Odell every Christmas, every year, has given each team, each teammate, each member, each coaching staff, a big gift of tennis shoes, some of those headsets, whatever they call those things that they listen to, but they love them.

"And every Christmas they get a gift from Odell. It was great to have them all in the locker room last night and be a part of this football team because they started it."

Advertisement
So, is LSU going to explain why they originally put out a statement in which they seemed to definitely determine that the cash that OBJ handed out was fake?

Why should anybody trust an investigation initiated by the same people that originally rushed to cover this crap up in the first place? Such a joke

We need to ask them, what was the evidence that led them to quickly and definitively say that it was "fake money"?

Advertisement
So, is LSU going to explain why they originally put out a statement in which they seemed to definitely determine that the cash that OBJ handed out was fake?

Why should anybody trust an investigation initiated by the same people that originally rushed to cover this crap up in the first place? Such a joke
It was so reckless and amateur to put out a statement like that. I was shocked. The usual is we are aware and have begun to conduct an investigation. That’s what you say even if you likely know what happened in order to prevent moments where you look like an idiot making conclusions that turn out to be false. And it compromises how the public will look at your “investigation”.

Yeah this is such bull****.

People believe whatever they want to believe sadly.

The ncaa makes billions of revenue every year based off of college basketball and american football. March madness and just the entirety of the college football season. Its the very definition of the rich get richer and that is called - Capitalism. But the media argues what about the other sports that college students may partake in. Just generalize every student athlete - stigmas or stereotypes, same difference. Its the students that play contact sports that should be paid the most, depending on how much time they see on the field. Like the kid that starts as a freshman and is considered a star student athlete. That individual deserves to get paid the most. And so forth like a trickle down effect. But another day / another dollar.

Even high school players deserve to get paid. Especially the kids that go to these camps or practices where they do the same activities that the ncaa/nfl does with the combine. CBS the multi billion dollar company owns that 247 website that offers paid subscriptions to make guesses to where a kid might end up going to a school. Just like going from college to the nfl. But all up until the nfl do the people that make it that far in life get a chance at being paid for basically a game. And they brutalize each other playing between the official lines and during practice. The nfl used to have training camp, where the standard was to practice two times a day, while its might be sweltering heat during the summer.

Under the ncaa and their rule though. They get paid in a faulty education system through printed words. Which is just regurgitated b.s. material. If a person wasn't a gifted athlete. The average text book that the school charges at least a few hundred dollars for one book. Anyone and everyone. If they have a cell phone with data or just internet. But what major chain store (Library) doesn't provide free internet; Pretty much they usually do. One basic budget laptop is a fraction of the price of all the text books that adds up to average student debt. In this past 2019 summer there was a public statement on the news feed. The average four year degree is one hundred thousand american dollars. Just lump summed including every; State, public, privatized, online, & after high school tech schools too apparently.

Advertisement
This is pretty funny commentary on OBJ and his cash...

I love how the reporter had to explain that Orgeron is getting his maximum bonus. What other bonus money might he have left on the table after going undefeated and winning the SEC and National Championships? Maybe Ed has a Red Bull bonus, and he didn't drink enough?

CBS already helping them out.

It's worth mentioning that the display very well could have been a publicity stunt with Beckham just having some fun with the players and appreciating what the group accomplished this season.
LOL, seriously? Oh he’s handing out “fake” money. Because it has to be fake he was joking. You interview a LSU athletic official that probably was sweating bulkets so he got CBS Sports on the take to help the program out. It’s just more of the same - the SEC gets away with murder when it comes to paying players and Miami if we give out a wooden nickel would get the Death Penalty. Can’t wait for when we can kiss that hypocrisy goodbye as Florida passes the pay for play legislation. With California already having passed it I’m sure other states will follow just as Florida is. Then what Emmett? You’ll have a mass exodus except for Div II schools from the NCAA. Finally, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel to break up this mockery of an organization

This is what ****es me off. We have a convicted felon throwing out lies to take us down, NCAA is Johnny on the spot to start sniffing around. 3 YEARS go by, and they still punish us for some menial ****. Even botched their own investigation. Meanwhile the good ole $EC is throwing money at all the best players and have gotten pretty open about it, and will the NCAA do anything? **** no, all you’ll hear is crickets. They will punish Miss State or Ole Miss, but not the bigger fish.
Makes one wonder if this is there way of testing whether or not there would be an uproar about seeing it occur or not. Then the media dumbs it down for easy consumption then next week? What news?

Advertisement
Back