OBB ROMAN Shout Out

PittsburghCane

Redshirt Freshman
I’m sure this has been talked about, topic wise, but wanted to give props and agree with @Roman Marciante putting the SFLA coaches (and to an extent some fans) who said Miami needs to put on Miami hs players and offer only SF kids on blast. A lot of coaches were putting UM down for not offering enough kids locally and when they made them a priority they still play games and bounce to the $EC.

I know their are outliers but this on a large scale is so true.

He goes on to point out Banda basically saying we can look around too by turning things national.

If these coaches really want to try to call somebody out it needs to be a lot of these diva SFLA players they are great talents but some don’t know how to respect Miami or the process.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m sure this has been y’all about, topic wise, but wanted to give props and agree with @Roman Marciante putting the SFLA coaches (and to an exten some fans) who said Miami needs to put on Miami hs players and offer only SF kids on blast. A lot of coaches were putting UM down for not offering enough kids locally and when made them a priority they still play games and bounce to the $EC.

He goes on to point out Banda basically saying we can look around too by turning things national.

If these coaches really want to try to call somebody out it needs to be a lot of these diva SFLA players they are great talents but some don’t know how to respect Miami or the process.

I think I'm about 1/3 the way through the last episode, right about where you are talking about. They all do a great job and balance each other out a little bit too. Dead on about recruiting is a two way street. You best believe we should be focusing hard down here and offering the local studs, but yeah, we absolutely need to take the "you're either in or your not" approach, and don't stop recruiting a position until the fax comes in. "If you're looking, so are we". Not, "if we don't get MJJ, we won't take another QB".

Advertisement
I’m sure this has been talked about, topic wise, but wanted to give props and agree with @Roman Marciante putting the SFLA coaches (and to an extent some fans) who said Miami needs to put on Miami hs players and offer only SF kids on blast. A lot of coaches were putting UM down for not offering enough kids locally and when they made them a priority they still play games and bounce to the $EC.

That literally just came spur of the moment (I got a little heated lol) but I meant every word I said. Such a delicate balance here but these sofl coaches need to understand Miami has been burnt WAY too many times.

If I could give these kids any real piece of advice I learned over the years it is to never burn what you can untie.

I am 100% fine when kids ultimately pick elsewhere. But when miami invests all this time and effort to a local kid who really never wanted to be here and play games?

Give me 85 DeeJay's in his place. Kids who WANT to be Canes. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for the shout out.

If we're brutally honest - the University in the past for way-too-many-years has half-assed our football program.

Sadly, a high percentage of winners - like winning - and want to continue to be winners.

Something UM hasn't been.

Then, there's a ton of outsider recruiters working S. FL like maggots.

We start winning - we'll get more winners that want to come here.

But this BS waiting and getting played - no excuse for it any longer. Best news- we won't have to.

New Sheriff in town!

I’m a native of Miami. I’m one of six kids but only two of us went to The U. It is not a birth right. We both paid big, hard earned money to go. Kids here do not have a right to a Miami offer. It is a privilege. These coach know that a Miami offer drives the price up on a kid and everyone on that gravy train gets paid more for it. I love our Miami boys but lately the young ones seem to not be ours any more, and I am a strong believer in that old song lyric “love the one you’re with”.

If fact I would weaponize the offers. If there is a school like AM that sends all its studds to other then make it known that any kid who goes there will never receive a Miami offer. Let’s see who that impacts their frigging recruiting of young kids to go to thier school. Same thing with any firing HS coach. You push kids away from us, none of the kids you coach ever get a offer. And make that crap public. Kids might not be picking The U but they all want that offer. Try coaching when kids are afraid to come to your program.

Advertisement
That literally just came spur of the moment (I got a little heated lol) but I meant every word I said. Such a delicate balance here but these sofl coaches need to understand Miami has been burnt WAY too many times.

If I could give these kids any real piece of advice I learned over the years it is to never burn what you can untie.

I am 100% fine when kids ultimately pick elsewhere. But when miami invests all this time and effort to a local kid who really never wanted to be here and play games?

Give me 85 DeeJay's in his place. Kids who WANT to be Canes. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for the shout out.

I think I'm about 1/3 the way through the last episode, right about where you are talking about. They all do a great job and balance each other out a little bit too. Dead on about recruiting is a two way street. You best believe we should be focusing hard down here and offering the local studs, but yeah, we absolutely need to take the "you're either in or your not" approach, and don't stop recruiting a position until the fax comes in. "If you're looking, so are we". Not, "if we don't get MJJ, we won't take another QB".

How can we do "you're in or you're out" and not stop recruiting? I'm not trying to be a dck, I just don't see it. If we want to play hardball, then we need to be ready to ignore a kid if he won't commit. Or we need to battle for kids who want to play games down to the wire. I don't see how we can do both.

I’m a native of Miami. I’m one of six kids but only two of us went to The U. It is not a birth right. We both paid big, hard earned money to go. Kids here do not have a right to a Miami offer. It is a privilege. These coach know that a Miami offer drives the price up on a kid and everyone on that gravy train gets paid more for it. I love our Miami boys but lately the young ones seem to not be ours any more, and I am a strong believer in that old song lyric “love the one you’re with”.

If fact I would weaponize the offers. If there is a school like AM that sends all its studds to other then make it known that any kid who goes there will never receive a Miami offer. Let’s see who that impacts their frigging recruiting of young kids to go to thier school. Same thing with any firing HS coach. You push kids away from us, none of the kids you coach ever get a offer. And make that crap public. Kids might not be picking The U but they all want that offer. Try coaching when kids are afraid to come to your program.

And what if we end up alienating all the top HSs? Kids from every school play games, and coaches from every school push kids to other schools.

I get the impulse to get tough here, I just don't see how it can work. If kids are committing to other schools then the Miami offer isn't the "best" offer to them. I think they'll take their chances that top schools will come knocking even without a Miami offer. It isn't the only way to get noticed.

Advertisement
And what if we end up alienating all the top HSs? Kids from every school play games, and coaches from every school push kids to other schools.

I get the impulse to get tough here, I just don't see how it can work. If kids are committing to other schools then the Miami offer isn't the "best" offer to them. I think they'll take their chances that top schools will come knocking even without a Miami offer. It isn't the only way to get noticed.

Possible. But they could more readily think, why take the chance if I can just go to HS or coach not on the trash list. The point is to make it painful to play the games as they now exist. We need to find some way to change them of out coach everyone with OSS kids.

Well, well, well...look who's over here now.
Hahaha what's good, brother ? Bunch of us quit Gru and his BS . Baby Blue Doc-Holliday-JB aka @JBCanes-NC is here too as is Cush though he still goes over there to be with his boy CD .

Good to see you, State. Always said you were one of my favorite posters .

Advertisement
Hahaha what's good, brother ? Bunch of us quit Gru and his BS . Baby Blue Doc-Holliday-JB aka @JBCanes-NC is here too as is Cush though he still goes over there to be with his boy CD .

Good to see you, State. Always said you were one of my favorite posters .
Wow, no gag reflex. Impressive.

Advertisement
Back