O/U 250 rushing yards vs. Louisville

Return of the U

Freshman
Clearly the offense is going to be run oriented, especially until the passing game catches up. I think there will be a better performance this week passing but still going with the over.

We will have the lead in the third and start to run the clock and lean on the backs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
SMU averaged 180 YPG rushing last year with a QB who can't run.

Not unreasonable at all to think we can average 200 this year. About 30 teams do it every year.

King's 2018 team at Houston averaged 218 a game, good for 24th in the country. And they ran for over 230 in all 4 games he played last season.

If we run for over 200 on Saturday, we're gonna be hard to beat. That trash juice offense we had last year ran for 197 on them.

Advertisement
Under. I think UL wil; play aggressive in the box.

King SHOULD have a big day
I think they load up the box also and dare King to beat them, not sure they have back end personnel for that tho.. I know our WR are weak but they had career days last year against secondary, I think their front has improved on playing aggressive and downhill but that should leave our guys one on one.. We KILLED them last year with RPO throws, I hope we are able to execute that some again.

Still think we should be able to run some either way

On the flip side of the obvious, Lashlee did say that they would look to have more explosive plays in the passing game this week.

I think they load up the box also and dare King to beat them, not sure they have back end personnel for that tho.. I know our WR are weak but they had career days last year against secondary, I think their front has improved on playing aggressive and downhill but that should leave our guys one on one.. We KILLED them last year with RPO throws, I hope we are able to execute that some again.

Still think we should be able to run some either way

Yep. If I was UL, I would dare King and our WRs to beat them.

Advertisement
I'll say over with most coming in the second half while killing the clock against a worn out Louisville D.

Advertisement
I sure hope we do get this passing game on track. Otherwise they'll just stack the box and dare us to throw. All three phases of the game MUST be productive.

I’ve done some scouting and they look small in the front seven but play very aggressive. Not just blitzing , they play downhill on the run. I see the play action game and the te’s having a big day.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back