O’s Eligibility Chart 7-08-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozone

Freshman
Premium
Fellow Canes -

Now that Summer Session 2 has begun I updated the eligibility chart.

Additions include eight 2014 recruiting class signees including Michael Wyche, Chris Herndon, David Njoku, Terry McCray, Joe Brown, Tyler Grimsley, Darrell Langham and Trayone Gray. With the last two still pending to be official. Additionally QB transfer Jake Heaps was added.

I also shifted over to the 2015 Recruiting Class.

The deletions include Dwayne Hoilett, Alex Figueroa and JaWand Blue.

Currently including the two pending 2014 recruiting class signees we stand at 80 scholarships. I do not consider Raphael Akpejiori to be on scholarship until I hear otherwise.

I placed David Njoku at TE although he is listed as a WR on the official roster. Based on his current size, athleticism winning the National Championship in the High Jump and the depth charts for both TE and WR I can see why the coaches will start him out at that position. Especially if Langham and Gray do not make it in. He is already our biggest WR on the roster.

For 2015 we currently stand at 87 scholarships. I expect us to have a full class again this year. Some players will go early to the NFL, some will be graduate / regular transfers, amongst a bevy of other possible scenarios. The numbers always work themselves out.

Since we know we have to account for at least 1 of the 9 scholarships per year I placed the maximum number of ships for the year to 84. I will adjust the scholarship reduction range (1-9) whenever solid information is available.

1.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
What i notice is we really needed the 3 hbs this class and the next two classes will be very important to get good dts. Also i think it will be interesting to see how many wrs we take this and next class

I believe Vogel is on a 'ship putting us at 80. Grimsley, Langham, and Gray have less than a 50% chance of enrolling this Fall...

I believe Vogel is on a 'ship putting us at 80. Grimsley, Langham, and Gray have less than a 50% chance of enrolling this Fall...

Vogel on scholarship makes sense. Today they added several walk-ons to the team @ OL, K and FB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Vogel on scholarship makes sense. Today they added several walk ons to the team, OL, K and LB.

Looking at Vogel's profile on the official website it mentions that he is a walk-on transfer. Tyler Grimsley is now listed as well.

Dallas is a SR, no?

Fourth year player.

"2011 (True Freshman): Sat out first season at Miami and participated on practice squad, redshirted to retain eligibility ... Defensive Scout Team Player of the Year."

Advertisement
what's the total number of players on scholly we are at right now?

And did grimsley ever make it in?

what's the total number of players on scholly we are at right now?

And did grimsley ever make it in?

Grimsley is in. Shodell says Darrell Langham is one class short and Chocolate also has work to do. So 78.

Last edited:
nice job, who do you think will transfer out? Lets be real here the more talent we bring the more of thesr kids will get burried in the depth chart and transfer.

nice job, who do you think will transfer out? Lets be real here the more talent we bring the more of thesr kids will get burried in the depth chart and transfer.

If Olsen doesn't win the starting job next year, because Kaaya won it, I assume he will transfer. Crow could also transfer, but he might just be happy with being a backup and getting a free education at a top 50 university. Other than that Receiver is the only other position that I could see somebody transferring out of.

Advertisement
Trayone Gray is just half a credit short and is currently doing an online class to qualify. Should be done in the next two weeks so hopefully he can still get in before training camp.

With Golden saying Langham and Gray are in, that would put us at 79/80 depending of if Raphael Akpejiori is on scholarship or not.

Advertisement
@mattyports: WLB/S/special teamer Nantambu Fentress said he's still a walk-on. Does he think he has a shot at a scholarship? "Lord willing."

I specifically remember fentress being awarded a scholarship, so I guess it was a one year scholarship?

with this information I have to believe Garrett kidd is a walk on too

@mattyports: WLB/S/special teamer Nantambu Fentress said he's still a walk-on. Does he think he has a shot at a scholarship? "Lord willing."

I specifically remember fentress being awarded a scholarship, so I guess it was a one year scholarship?

I guess we won't know for sure until the end of the season again. I do not know how they applied the scholarships the two earned last year. Retroactively?

Last edited:

I guess we won't know for sure until the end of the season again. I do not know how they applied the scholarships the two earned last year. Retroactively?

I believe so

If Kidd and fentress are really walk ons we might be playing at 77 this year

lol, you got me good, i did not expect to see that when i clicked this link

o's, now with more dt.jpg

I guess the important question here is can they play DT?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back