O’s Eligibility Chart 5-24-2014

Ozone

Freshman
Premium
Fellow Canes -

Now that summer session 1 has begun I updated the eligibility chart.

Additions include eleven 2014 class freshmen signees including Brad Kaaya, Malik Rosier, Tyre Brady, Nick Linder, Anthony Moten, Courtel Jenkins, Chad Thomas, Mike Smith, Demetrius Jackson, Kiy Hester and Marques Gayot.

The lone deletion was Larry Hope.

I was tempted to place Mike Smith at MLB since recent articles quote him stating that he will start there. But UM has him listed as DE. I decided to go with where I think he could play now which is the OLB/DE, and of course special teams. If he acclimates to the mlb position I will gladly move him to that spot on the chart. The other player I had to think through his position was Demetrius Jackson. He listed as a DE, however I placed him at OLB/DE. He was recently named DADE male athlete of the year. I'm betting he has the requisite athleticism to cover. His FBI will need to develop to be able to do it all. He could be on a special team unit as well this year.

We currently stand at 82 scholarships. Since we know we have to account for at least 1 of the 9 scholarships per year I placed the maximum number of ships for next year to 84.

179.jpg

Another morsel of data I squeezed out of the official roster is changes in listed weights. Below find a chart with the players which weights have changed at least 6 lbs since last fall. The two columns are for official roster weight changes from the Spring 2014 to Summer 1 2014 and Fall 2013 to Summer 1 2014.

5.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back