O’s Eligibility Chart 2-09-2014

Ozone

Freshman
Premium
Fellow Canes -

Now that the dust has settled and the 2014 recruiting class is in the books. I thought it is was a good time to post an update to the eligibility chart.

There is actually only one addition to the chart since the last update (12/26), David Njoku.

Deletions include the entire senior class Malcolm Bunche, Ryheem Lockley, Riley Gibbons, Brandon Powell and Travonte Valentine.

We are currently at 82 scholarships. Given we have to account for 9 schollies in the next three years, this makes sense. Golden actually mentioned 82 as a goal for this year. This doesnt mean there wont be any further roster movement before the fall campaign begins. As you may note on the chart I will not add the Signees until they are actually on campus. Golden also mentioned that they would like to add at least 1 Olineman to the current squad and in total perhaps 1-2 more guys in general. I see David Perry as the top candidate for attrition since he is a 5th year senior, most likely has his degree and hasnt really contributed on the field. Also Chocolate is the signee with the most grades/test score concern of the bunch.

Since we know we have to account for at least 1 of the 9 scholarships per year I placed the maximum number of ships for next year to 84.

268.jpg

Advertisement
First time I can say that our entire senior class contributes. I guess that's efficiency. Not sure up to their potential though. We will lose a lot of PT next year.

Just saw perry. Sorry.

Advertisement
I could see Tracy Howard and Duke Johnson both declaring, with an outside shot of Tyriq McCord and Ereck Flowers leaving early as well if they have good seasons.

I'm thinking 2015's signing class, with creative math & attrition, might make it to 20 kids, tops.

Advertisement
Sr's and Jr's are stacked with talent for the first time in several years. As stupid and masochistic as it sounds I'll be cheering for us to win this year as every year.

Hi my name is Cane Dynasty, I'm a signing day dupe.

Advertisement
Did Dobard get a red-shirt for last season?

Per UM's official participation report he only played in three of the first four games (FAU, SSU and USF). He was listed as a RFr after the season and now the official roster has him listed as a true So. I believe this will be corrected by fall. Anyways he qualifies for a redshirt based on his utilization in 2013.

G. Kidd and Fentress have scholarships for the rest of their careers at Miami right? Or was it only for last year?

Advertisement

Per UM's official participation report he only played in three of the first four games (FAU, SSU and USF). He was listed as a RFr after the season and now the official roster has him listed as a true So. I believe this will be corrected by fall. Anyways he qualifies for a redshirt based on his utilization in 2013.
Do you mean his injury and participation before his injury?

Do you mean his injury and participation before his injury?

I am just going by the participation report. http://www.hurricanesports.com/fls/28700/football/stats/2013/13UMFB_statistics.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=28700 Page 9

Advertisement
Back