2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember people ****ting on Anthony Schwartz, saying he was all speed and no football.

Maybe he busts. Maybe he's just ok, but a contributor. Maybe he leaves to focus on track. I'm more than willing to take shots at elite physical talent vs continuing to bring in slow football only players who can't produce either. Shoot your shots. Put it in the coaches you're paying to develop.

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** be the next Vernon Davis coming out

4.3/4.4 athletic freak TE that is physical enough to block

They may try him out at WR similarly to DK due to the speed but I think he could be the best weapon in the country at TE as a mismatch against LB’s especially since he’s bit enough to hold the edge and block

he’s the Greg Rousseau type where if he just balls out 10 games in his whole career he’ll be drafted 1st round on potential alone. we need to find out if he’s a track athlete who happens to play football, or a football player who happens to run track.

Advertisement
I don't care if he wants to play Edge, WR, TE, whatever. Athletes like this don't grow on trees so you find the position he's most passionate about playing and you develop him there; If he doesn't want to play Edge then he won't be hungry enough to become a great pass rusher anyway, so let him choose whichever position he'll work hardest at and coach him up to help him reach his potential.

He has potential to be a Vernon Davis type at TE. Imo TE, DE or LB. That’s his money spots but him having his heart set on track makes that tough. That’s why I think there’s a decent shot at a bust.
Xavier Carter like… kid could have had the world if he had focused on being a WR or CB…. But was set on track and never developed at LSU.

Hol up.

This kid ran a 6.66 60 ????

What????????

At that size lmao. Nah, we use this word too much but it’s appropriate here. That’s a ****** FREAK.
Only person at that size I've seen run that fast was Hambo, biggest fasted athlete I've ever seen, to bad the injuries and addiction got in his way. Most naturally gifted athlete in the last 40 years

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we could get this kid to put on 70 pounds without losing any speed while also teaching him to be very tough, I think we would have ourselves a player at defensive tackle

Wow. That's a big ask.

And while he might not lose "football speed", I'd imagine such a weight gain would kill his "track speed".

Job 1…. Get him to visit.
Job 2… A kid with that size/speed combo tells you where the **** he wants to play.
Job 3…. You fuccin listen to what position he wants to play.
Job 4…. You play him there until he sees that he can’t be a difference maker at said position (A season or 2… maybe a bit longer)
Job 5…. As a coach, you talk to him and help him see that his position of choice, is not where he ultimately needs to play, if he’s got plans to play Nfl ball.

Listen… the jit’s a track phenom. If he’s REALLY serious about T&F (He is), then you’re wasting his time, and yours, telling him he needs to beef up to play another position. Beefing up slows you down. He wants to keep his speed and probably wants to get even faster. No way he wants to gain weight to play closer to the LOS. Besides there is a lot of drama playing in closer to the LOS. Errybody ain’t made for that life. If he sees that he needs to change to try and get some of that NFL MONEY…. He’ll listen to you…. **** he may even tell you.

Last edited:
At least he’s been playing an offensive position.
I don’t think Jimmy Graham played football in high school and he’s probably going to canton.

Get Mullen as oc for one year if it helps land this dude. Sell him on being a faster better Kyle Pitts.

I know. I can’t stand Mullen either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back