2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JamesQuall

This smells fishy. My amigo @Kjdcanefan tipped me off to this.

@GojiraCane I don’t harbor 👀 any I’ll will towards you specifically, but we do have some standards at CIS
The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

frustrated the big lebowski GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
That and school. Seems most kids just take off and go somewhere whenever they want anymore. I have said from day one he won't come here if track is a big factor in his recruitment. Still, this kid seems to have it together on all fronts, school, sports, quality family, etc.
I’ve never understood in an individual sport like track why it matters if you go to one school vs another. I understand facilities is the biggest thing but Olympic athletes come from all over.

I’ve never understood in an individual sport like track why it matters if you go to one school vs another. I understand facilities is the biggest thing but Olympic athletes come from all over.

While they do, there's schools that dominate how many that go to the Olympics from that school. It's no different than college football to the NFL. Players come from all over, but there's programs that send a bunch yearly. Out Olympic athletes over 20 years would only take one hand to count. We don't produce much at all. The men's side in particular has only had one in the entirety of its program.

Advertisement
That and school. Seems most kids just take off and go somewhere whenever they want anymore. I have said from day one he won't come here if track is a big factor in his recruitment. Still, this kid seems to have it together on all fronts, school, sports, quality family, etc.
Yup, you’ve been consistent on your stance about Harbor. Mario seems to do well with kids who have a strong support system so let’s see what happens. As you’ve mentioned UGA and Oregon will be tough to beat

I know I should be optimistic but weird recruitments like this never pan out in our favor. Just too many things need to fall in our favor. I said it before early in the thread..this kid ill bet pushes his commitment date back to after track season is over and draws this out. I dont think he signs anywhere on NSD in Feb.

Let’s make this happen.

Play offense and help our track program take the next step.
This is something we should do anyway. With such international exposure and connections, especially the Caribbean nations, Miami could be a top notch track program. I dont understand why we havent focused on that. Similarly, mens soccer would seem like a natural fit but we dont even have a team.

Advertisement
This is something we should do anyway. With such international exposure and connections, especially the Caribbean nations, Miami could be a top notch track program. I dont understand why we havent focused on that. Similarly, mens soccer would seem like a natural fit but we dont even have a team.

Hopefully this is something Rad is looking into

While they do, there's schools that dominate how many that go to the Olympics from that school. It's no different than college football to the NFL. Players come from all over, but there's programs that send a bunch yearly. Out Olympic athletes over 20 years would only take one hand to count. We don't produce much at all. The men's side in particular has only had one in the entirety of its program.
Yes. Its the same with gymnastics. Its an individual sport to a large degree, but some schools are known for their gymnastics programs because of the coaching, infrastructure, and exposure they have established.

Advertisement
I think someone mentioned Soccer and softball are being rumored or were discussed. No softball field is the one issue but they are small enough that maybe there is a facility nearby that could be upgraded to work. But they def seem like a group of sports that could take a big leap nationally with the right coach/staff.

The "rep" term just scares me as a fan. But thats the era we live in I guess. Crazy that kids are having others basically do site visits that could lead to officials.
Now that we’re an actual player when it comes to $, it shouldn’t scare you. Guys like Moe visiting 8&4 with Shemar is what used to scare us knowing we didn’t stand a chance. If he has a rep and is interested in NIL, then I like our chances more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back