2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
No point in overthinking it. Recruit him as wr and let him run a bunch of seams, go routes, and posts he’ll get behind the defense enough just doing that. Compliments the line and backfield they’re building by keeping defenses from being able to load the box. Kid is faster than 99% of any of the receivers that Miami’s ever had, why would they try to make him a TE?

I disagree, as a track runner his agility and power is amazing he is fluent in his hips , but yes always levels of improvement there , but yes he can play receiver and has played it in HS
Yon can disagree all you want, I was a a scholarship wr and had offers as db as well. I just also happen to place 3rd in pole vault my only year of doing it and placed 3rd in state my one year trying out. That was 1990 at Showalter field in Winter park HS.

Again this is JMO but he is 100% not a wr, not even close. You like many think hes a wr because hes fast. lol that is not how this **** works. You will see. bet he ends up as a DE. Its his natural spot.

Advertisement
Feel like DK was considered stiff and unagile as well. Not saying he will be that good but that's what the book on DK was in college as well. Not very agile, but had crazy speed/size combo.
Harbor is not DK tho, Harbor is a bigger freak in terms of size.

S&C in college will simply grow him out of the WR position. Just play him like Georgia plays Bowers and we're fine...

Feel like DK was considered stiff and unagile as well. Not saying he will be that good but that's what the book on DK was in college as well. Not very agile, but had crazy speed/size combo.
Honest question was he considered that in hs and was he as big as this kid. I legit dont know nor do I care. I really dont like trying to compare peeps because it never pans out. I just dont see this kid doing anything other that playing DE which I think he crushes it and makes 15-20 mil a-year after a few years in the league. He aint making that kind of money as a tight end. Look what our Cowboy tight end got this year. 10 mil salary cap. This is for one of the best tight ends in all the NFL. He can make that as a pretty good edge rusher after 3-4 years.

S&C in college will simply grow him out of the WR position. Just play him like Georgia plays Bowers and we're fine...
See 100% I like this. I still think play him off the edge but you get it.

Advertisement
Honest question was he considered that in hs and was he as big as this kid. I legit dont know nor do I care. I really dont like trying to compare peeps because it never pans out. I just dont see this kid doing anything other that playing DE which I think he crushes it and makes 15-20 mil a-year after a few years in the league. He aint making that kind of money as a tight end. Look what our Cowboy tight end got this year. 10 mil salary cap. This is for one of the best tight ends in all the NFL. He can make that as a pretty good edge rusher after 3-4 years.
Yeah DK coming out was a good bit smaller than Harbor on the weight end but was about 6'4 205 and had the same questions at that time. Otherworldy athlete but was a bit on the stiff end. If we can get Harbor to come in and do what DK did at Ole Miss, which was just basically flys, posts and fades he could be an absolute nightmare. I definitely agree that where he is now, he should focus on DE because his potential would essentially be limitless with his tools but I believe he has said he isn't going to be trying to gain a bunch of weight so he can also keep up with track. If that's his mindset, big WR or TE is what it's going to have to be for him.

Either way, get the kid here and figure it out later.

Yeah DK coming out was a good bit smaller than Harbor on the weight end but was about 6'4 205 and had the same questions at that time. Otherworldy athlete but was a bit on the stiff end. If we can get Harbor to come in and do what DK did at Ole Miss, which was just basically flys, posts and fades he could be an absolute nightmare. I definitely agree that where he is now, he should focus on DE because his potential would essentially be limitless with his tools but I believe he has said he isn't going to be trying to gain a bunch of weight so he can also keep up with track. If that's his mindset, big WR or TE is what it's going to have to be for him.

Either way, get the kid here and figure it out later.
This!!!

85C57472-4D99-47D4-AFD3-C48B12395568.png

8/10 isn’t agile and super stiff?

S&C in college doesn’t mean he has to gain 20 pounds..the kid even said he doesn’t want to put on weight because of track

Advertisement
Yon can disagree all you want, I was a a scholarship wr and had offers as db as well. I just also happen to place 3rd in pole vault my only year of doing it and placed 3rd in state my one year trying out. That was 1990 at Showalter field in Winter park HS.

Again this is JMO but he is 100% not a wr, not even close. You like many think hes a wr because hes fast. lol that is not how this **** works. You will see. bet he ends up as a DE. Its his natural spot.

This is where I’m at. As a WR, he doesn’t have the smoothness you need. OTOH, He’s only averaged one catch per game his entire career so it’s really hard to assess his ability, though.

To me, his ideal positions are TE or DE/LB.

He equally doesn’t have the bend and plays stiff at DE too.

A large fast guy with no true position.

Advertisement
Watch his high school tape and tell me you see an 8/10 agile player lol. He's always been a freak in terms of size and speed, but no one is going to mistake him for being agile.
well apparently the scouting reports graded him the same in agility and speed. I mean. I posted the article. But yeah, I'll take your word for it.

Hard to measure but for me, you have to have great hands to be a WR. Can this guy catch? If yes, then with his measurables he has a shot at WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back