2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He is a once in a generation athlete with football skills. If he develops its not even a discussion unless one of these QBs is the next Lawrence, Luck. He is a guaranteed top 5 with weight and decent production. Look at Walker from Georgia last year freak athlete shoots up draft.
He's gonna win the state senate seat there.

Stack some wins and keep the buzz around this class high and you never know with Mario.

Advertisement
Based on measurables or tape?
247 has stated publicly that they rate players based on projected draft position in the future

this dude's physical ability should be all required to see the potential there, projection beats tape with their rankings

247 has stated publicly that they rate players based on projected draft position in the future

this dude's physical ability should be all required to see the potential there, projection beats tape with their rankings

Still, you want to see more explosion or bend from the #1 overall prospect. I like Wilson’s tape a lot more.

He’s a world class athlete but I don’t see one play in the tape I saw where I say ****! This guys the biggest asset in the country. I think his ranking is accurate.

Still, you want to see more explosion or bend from the #1 overall prospect. I like Wilson’s tape a lot more.

He’s a world class athlete but I don’t see one play in the tape I saw where I say ****! This guys the biggest asset in the country. I think his ranking is accurate.
That's what I was thinking to the bend to turn the corner to be able to be a high sack guy I'm not sure

That's what I was thinking to the bend to turn the corner to be able to be a high sack guy I'm not sure
He would be the DE/LB spy for QBs. With that speed, no QB is getting serious yards without him missing a tackle or getting blocked. Imagine him next to Bobby Washington as spies…QBs wouldn’t like the idea of having to run.

Advertisement
From his ON3 interview:

-Both Michigan and South Carolina are prioritizing Harbor as an offensive recruit. That is something that really intrigues the five-star prospect.

- Even though he has not been to Baton Rouge, LSU has already made a strong impression on Harbor. A key reason is because of his relationship with defensive line coach Jamar Cain.The two have known one another for nearly two years. When asked if his relationship with Cain is the best of his recruitment, Harbor responded, “Yeah, definitely.”

“Right now, they’ve just been recruiting (me),” Harbor said of LSU. “I’ve just been liking what I’ve been seeing. I trust coach Cain.”

The Tigers are giving Harbor the option to play either side of the ball. The Washington D.C. native has appreciated that flexibility.

-Maryland: Feeling a little pressure to stay home but says he won't let it affect his decision. Says Locksley's message is "I could change the program, how I could change the dynamic of Maryland football,” Harbor said. “They see the highest(-ranked) recruit in the area will go to Maryland, they’re like, ‘Anybody else can go there.'”

- Miami : Taking a similar approach to LSU, giving Harbor the option to choose his preferred side of the ball. Head coach Mario Cristobal and defensive analyst Jason Taylor are leading the charge for the Hurricanes.

“They see some of the highest(-ranked) kids going to Miami and it makes other people think, ‘Man, Miami got something cooking’ and nobody knows about it because their record is not the best thing,” Harbor said. “But they’re seeing everybody commit there, so they gotta believe in them. That’s why I believe them.”
---------------------------------------------------------
Took an OV to Michigan and south carolina in september. On his Michigan visit, The Wolverines made a massive impression on him and his family.
“I think they hit it out of the ballpark for my parents,” Harbor said. “The biggest thing was impress my parents and that’s what they did… They impressed some of the most important people in my life and when you can do that, you got me thinking like, ‘If they can impress them, then they can definitely impress me.’ They showed me that I’m a main priority, I’m their No. 1 player that they want in the 2023 class.”

Harbor felt a “great vibe” from head coach Jim Harbaugh and the Wolverines’ staff throughout the trip to Ann Arbor. He enjoyed sitting with Michigan’s coaches and hearing them speak about the program.

South Carolina got the first OV, in mid september. “They definitely set the bar for everybody and everybody had to live off of what they did,” Harbor said of the Gamecocks. “They did a really good job showing how they’re gonna use me offensively, how they’re gonna use me defensively and then also, just being in Columbia for those two days was one of the best experiences I’ve had. I had a lot of fun getting to know the team because I’d already been there, just improving relationships with the team.”

He's been to Maryland at least 10 times over the ears and is very comfortable with the campus, etc.

He is planning to pay super close attention during his trips to Baton Rouge and Coral Gables later this fall. According to the five-star, those 48 hours have a chance to “make and break” a team’s pursuit for his commitment.

“I just want to see what it’s like to be in the two states,” Harbor said. “I’ve never been to those two cities. Just to hear something that I could believe in, that’s really it. If I got something that I can believe in, I’ve seen that they’ve done it before, I could be a good piece of the puzzle and that they can get me to my overall goal of being the No. 1 draft pick when I declare for the draft.”

Harbor says The three factors of safety, education and athletics will be paramount in his upcoming decision.

Even though NIL is not a main factor for Harbor’s recruitment, he said it may “big” down the road. Harbor believes he can be “one of the most profitable” athletes in the 2023 class because of his dual-sport status.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back