2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
images.jpeg

No Oregon is interesting. His 247 page said he hasn’t made a visit to a school since October of 2021, is that right? If so when is he supposed to be taking visits. USC has made a nice DMV pipeline with Williams and Addison.
He visited Maryland back in March, he was supposed to visit UGA & Oklahoma as well back during Spring but he put off most of his Spring unofficials to focus on track season.

UGA & USC are definitely in it & will put forth a lucrative NIL package to entice him to committing.

Michigan is in it as well because they’ve done a good job with Nigerian players getting David Ojabo drafted & they’re a really good academic program.

One of the bright spots for us is, neither Bama or TAMU made his first top 7, that means he’s not just chasing bags however, we’re gonna have to outbid UGA & USC if we really want him. Plus, UGA’s track program might give them an advantage as well aside from being the Defending National champs...

But the fact we made his top 7 without him even visiting here shows we’re recruiting him heavy, so just have to keep chipping away & get him down for visits throughout the Summer & Fall.

Have any of you guys actually hear the interviews of some his track and football coaches and teachers?

They say he’s a once in a lifetime type of athlete. Kid has been making peoples draw drop since he was in middle school cause of his athleticism.
Also has a 4.5 gpa.

Dad is a NASA engineer. Bags are likely not gonna be a deciding factor.
Or as big of a factor as with other players.

He visited Maryland back in March, he was supposed to visit UGA & Oklahoma as well back during Spring but he put off most of his Spring unofficials to focus on track season.

UGA & USC are definitely in it & will put forth a lucrative NIL package to entice him to committing.

Michigan is in it as well because they’ve done a good job with Nigerian players getting David Ojabo drafted & they’re a really good academic program.

One of the bright spots for us is, neither Bama or TAMU made his first top 7, that means he’s not just chasing bags however, we’re gonna have to outbid UGA & USC if we really want him. Plus, UGA’s track program might give them an advantage as well aside from being the Defending National champs...

But the fact we made his top 7 without him even visiting here shows we’re recruiting him heavy, so just have to keep chipping away & get him down for visits throughout the Summer & Fall.
MAN IM PRAYING , ONCE WE GET HIM ON CAMPUS for an official visit, and life wallet is involved , I’m sure we stand a great chance , Streeter just told me it’s a real shot ….so …man if we get nyckoles harbor that will be that move moving forward with the others …..🙌🏿🧡💚🙌🏿👍🏾💪🏿🏈

Advertisement

High six figure, seven figure NIL kid. There are a few and all on trenches besides Rashada

Have any of you guys actually hear the interviews of some his track and football coaches and teachers?

They say he’s a once in a lifetime type of athlete. Kid has been making peoples draw drop since he was in middle school cause of his athleticism.
Also has a 4.5 gpa.

Dad is a NASA engineer. Bags are likely not gonna be a deciding factor.
Or as big of a factor as with other players.
Wowzers

Advertisement
I wouldn't fall for it. Elite track guys that play football don't come here. He could be the one, but I'm just interested in what he does on the track as that's something else I follow.

Question; how serious, serious is this youngin about track? If he’s serious, could that be a factor in his decision on the program he attends? Reason being, 3 of those 7 are ranked top 15 in T&F.
My question is which does he love more between the two sports. Wherever he goes if he's playing in the trenches at DE with all the banging there how effective can he be in track would he be 100% for that

My question is which does he love more between the two sports. Wherever he goes if he's playing in the trenches at DE with all the banging there how effective can he be in track would he be 100% for that
I think he really has to think about whether he is willing to transform his body for football. At 6'5" he should be able to pretty comfortably carry 260+ after a couple years in college if he wants to be an NFL draft pick based on this year's round 1 and 2 DE selections. I don't know track, but the body types are sure different looking for a sprinter and a NFL DE so I can't imagine carrying 40 more pounds won't hurt him if he hopes to be an olympian.

Advertisement
You can recruit him at both TE and DE. Depending on his development as a track athlete, it needs to be seen how much faster he will get.

If you run a 10.3 at 100 at that size at that age, you might as well skip football and focus on track. And he ran that a year ago when he was, what, 16? I hope we get some recent times of him soon in track meets, because thats ridiculous speed.

Harbor could be the face of the track and football program here and directly spark the resurgence of them both. I didnt let myself think there was actually some traction being made here but hey, ill celebrate the **** out of making a top 7 for an athlete of this caliber lmao.

I keep saying it Miami track program is not SEC level but the track coach is. She has coached Team USA and track is a individual sports. Oh and they won the ACC title for women. In any case if he is serious about football its either or
He can't play either DE or TE and run track because of the weight needed. He would have to gain and drop massive weight continuosly. And since has TE and DE you would want him to gain strength in the offseason and learn to use and move with any weight he gains. Btw in the 200m he and Chris Johnson run virtually the same time(20.7) while Nyckoles is slightly faster in the 100m. They would make part of a killer 4x100 and 4x200.
But people are a little miffed with Johnson and enamored with Nyckoles. I want both.

Also i said about that Jobe guy from Oklahoma. If students and kids with international backgrounds OV here. We will be tough to beat. Miami is different.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I keep saying it Miami track program is not SEC level but the track coach is. She has coached Team USA and track is a individual sports. Oh and they won the ACC title for women. In any case if he is serious about football its either or
He can't play either DE or TE and play football. He would have to gain and drop massive weight continuosly. And since has TE and DE you would want him to gain strength in the offseason and learn to use and move with any weight he gains. Btw in the 200m he and Chris Johnson run virtually the same time(20.7) while Nyckoles is slightly faster in the 100m. They would make part of a killer 4x100 and 4x200.
But people are a little miffed with Johnson and enamored with Nyckoles. I want both.

Also i said about that Jobe guy from Oklahoma. If students and kids with international backgrounds OV here. We will be tough to beat. Miami is different.
And to further reiterate your international point, I'll be intrigued to see how the OV here for Olaus Alinen will play out.

He can't play either DE or TE and play football. He would have to gain and drop massive weight continuosly. And since has TE and DE you would want him to gain strength in the offseason and learn to use and move with any weight he gains. Btw in the 200m he and Chris Johnson run virtually the same time(20.7) while Nyckoles is slightly faster in the 100m. They would make part of a killer 4x100 and 4x200.

The bolded part is what always confused me with the state/perception of Miami's track program. I'm not a knowledgeable track guy by any means, although it piques my interest, but I do know the name Amy Deem is held within high regard.

Thats why I got so hype with the groundwork Radakovich has envisioned as AD. I would love for ALL the programs here to be dominant with cutting edge resources, even the ones that I dont pay attention to as much. Track in particular being a top percentile destination spot helps in other avenues too, so its a win/win!

The bolded part is what always confused me with the state/perception of Miami's track program. I'm not a knowledgeable track guy by any means, although it piques my interest, but I do know the name Amy Deem is held within high regard.

Thats why I got so hype with the groundwork Radakovich has envisioned as AD. I would love for ALL the programs here to be dominant with cutting edge resources, even the ones that I dont pay attention to as much. Track in particular being a top percentile destination spot helps in other avenues too, so its a win/win!
I’ve posted about this back during the Blake James era of mediocrity.
I had the assumption that being an ad at Miami was one of the easiest jobs in the world to be successful at.
Our women's soccer team should be ranked top 10 every year. Just get a top coach. How hard is it to entice a foreign soccer coach to come live in Miami? A lot D1 soccer players are foreign national team players. Not hard to get them to Miami either.
In real estate they say location location location.
It should be the same with college athletics. Getting a top coach and the best athletes to come to Miami isn’t really that hard. But these athletes also want to win more than just be at a cool city. If you provide them with the support staff then it shouldn’t be that difficult.

There are only 4 universities in the US that have over 200 Olympic medals credited to their athletes.

They’re all in California with USC being number 1 with 326 total medals.

That’s not a **** coincidence.
Get the coaches get the staff and the rest will take care of itself.

I'm glad someone said it, such a culturally diverse area where everyone is welcome we got guys from Australia, Pacific islands and they always say it reminds them of home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back