2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
He bulks up for DE, he's hanging up his track cleats for good.

I'd love to see some breakdown on his top speeds reached and how long he sustains it. I don't know the other runners he's up against, so it's hard to gage anything. His size though screams the 200, but in another year he could be in the 10.1x range in the 100 as a senior. I just see T&F being a priority and if football is part of it, WR is his realistic option. He's a fascinating prospect in either sport.

Agree. If he drops 20-30 pounds and works on his form (which needs work), then you could be looking at a possible sub 10 guy. Tyreke hill had that speed in college but his gear works differently than this kid’s. Tough choice for the young man

Advertisement
I think he’d be a future 1st round draft pick at DE, but if he wanted to play WR or TE in college, fck it put him on Offense lol

The one question I have is how hellbent is he on being a track star in college because if he seriously wants to run track full time he may stay at his size, although he has the physical frame to easily bulk up to 250-260lbs in college & not have an ounce of fat on him.

But watching Cyrus Moss’s natural ability as a pass rusher even being as skinny as he is just made me wonder what Harbor would do even at his current weight as a DE in this system. He would absolutely embarrass OT’s with how fast he would get around the corner on’em, then teach him some pass rushing hand-fighting techniques & he’s a 10+ sack a season kid waiting to happen.

Either way, we need to get this kid on campus ASAP!
Jason Taylor wasn’t that heavy at 6’6 244 but he was very quick.
This dude doesn’t have to get that heavy at all to have tackles wondering wtf just happened.
Taylor was at 5.2 percentile for weight all time at his position but 93 percentile in his 40.
Harbor would likely be a lighter but faster Montez Sweat.

MAY 15 th…. HE’S PUT OUT HIS TOP 10 SCHOOLS …..I’m sure UM is one of the schools and Mario Cristobal is a great recruiter and has talks with him…his last stop was USC….I’m looking forward to Nyckoles Harbor visiting UM 🧡💚👍🏾💪🏿🙌🏿
Where did he put out his top 10?

If we’re being real, even if he becomes a sub 10 guy he’s not setting himself up for a lucrative career pursuing track. Most pro track athletes don’t make bank unless you’re Usain Bolt.

What’s Walter Dix doing now? How about Kermit Whitfield?

Advertisement
If we’re being real, even if he becomes a sub 10 guy he’s not setting himself up for a lucrative career pursuing track. Most pro track athletes don’t make bank unless you’re Usain Bolt.

What’s Walter Dix doing now? How about Kermit Whitfield?

I actually looked up Dix. His high annual salary was about $250k. But, sponsorship deals could be $1m+. Careers probably average somewhere in the 4-6 year range.

I actually looked up Dix. His high annual salary was about $250k. But, sponsorship deals could be $1m+. Careers probably average somewhere in the 4-6 year range.

Now look up the salary of a NFL practice squad player for a whole season (which isn’t even close to a high draft pick)

Plus Dix’s pro track career lasted like 6 years.

Track is not a compelling path for financial gain for this young man relative to other opportunities.

If glory and love of the sport are what drives him. Respect.

Advertisement
Mentions Miami in the video above. Sounds like we are in his top 10 or he's at least interested. Need to get him on campus once his schedule frees up. Said he's traveling all over for track meets and hasn't really visited anywhere.

Agree. If he drops 20-30 pounds and works on his form (which needs work), then you could be looking at a possible sub 10 guy. Tyreke hill had that speed in college but his gear works differently than this kid’s. Tough choice for the young man
The obvious choice is football

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back