2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respect as always, but if track is a big part of his decision, Oregon will be it for him. Out of those schools, they don't hold a candle in that regard.

UGA and Texas A&M would be serious contenders if he considered them. Same with Florida, and were I them, I would be selling the **** out of being a TE, like Pitts. That's more game shape for a T&F body than DE.

By the same token, I would be shocked if he came here and was interested in T&F. Wish it were different, but it's the hard cold truth.

Someone is going to get a freak athlete though.
Yes those schools have better track programs than Miami but Miami has trained Olympic champions like, correction Lauryn Williams and multiple other Olympians so its not an impossible sell. Also i was watching the ACC indoor champs results and Miami did pretty well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes those schools have better track programs than Miami but Miami has trained Olympic champions like Lauryn Hill and multiple Olympians so its not an impossible sell. Also i was watching the ACC indoor champs results and Miami did pretty well.

I'm guessing you mean Lauryn Williams. That was a long *** time ago. She's an outlier, not the norm.

The schools I mentioned were elite T&F programs that pump pros out like crazy. They would walk the ACC, not just do pretty well.

Maybe that all changes in time, but if he picked us, that would signify that he's not all that serious about T&F in college. Just being real here.

I'm guessing you mean Lauryn Williams. That was a long *** time ago. She's an outlier, not the norm.

The schools I mentioned were elite T&F programs that pump pros out like crazy. They would walk the ACC, not just do pretty well.

Maybe that all changes in time, but if he picked us, that would signify that he's not all that serious about T&F in college. Just being real here.
Yes Lauryn Williams haha. She is a bobsleder now. If thats a word. Those schools pump out pros because they go there. As i said there has been other olympian track athletes particularly on the women side. Track is a sport where u do not have to rely on tradition. The Head track coach at Miami has a good rep as well its just its very expensive to go to Miami and am not sure how they do the schollies in that sport

Yes Lauryn Williams haha. She is a bobsleder now. If thats a word. Those schools pump out pros because they go there. As i said there has been other olympian track athletes particularly on the women side. Track is a sport where u do not have to rely on tradition. The Head track coach at Miami has a good rep as well its just its very expensive to go to Miami and am not sure how they do the schollies in that sport

I hear you, I really do.

It's no different than football in that players can come from anywhere. When you're picking a school though, the elite talent (which he is) go for the tried, tested, and battle proven schools that produce talent in your sport.

We're an afterthought in T&F. Could he be a big star here, sure, but you go with the giants of the sport if you're serious about it. Maybe they've got big plans, heck if I know, but I'd be flat out shocked if he came here. I wouldn't put that on Mario or anyone on the staff, they have a gun, but no ammo for this type of kid "IF" T&F is a serious part of his decision process.

Advertisement
I hear you, I really do.

It's no different than football in that players can come from anywhere. When you're picking a school though, the elite talent (which he is) go for the tried, tested, and battle proven schools that produce talent in your sport.

We're an afterthought in T&F. Could he be a big star here, sure, but you go with the giants of the sport if you're serious about it. Maybe they've got big plans, heck if I know, but I'd be flat out shocked if he came here. I wouldn't put that on Mario or anyone on the staff, they have a gun, but no ammo for this type of kid "IF" T&F is a serious part of his decision process.

He would make more in Nil here than he would as a pro track athlete.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Normally they take tall runners like that and put them in the quarter. Bolt let tall guys know they can do it in the 100 too. Bolt didn't run the 100 till like 2006 or 07 but he ran 20.5 at 15, 20.13 at 17 and 19.9 at 18 i think. This kid is around the same speed and being a bulky football player. Bolt was lanky and skinny.

Advertisement

Oh My God Reaction GIF by 9Now

NEED HIM ON CAMPUS ASAP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back