2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

I know the kid is a little different than your typical national elite prospect in the sense he doesnt seem infatuated with the SEC etc but I have a hard time seeing Oregon pulling a national 5* from the east coast of his caliber. Even with the track focus, I just can’t see it. Lanning and co will have to show me. I know he has a rep as a phenomenal recruiter and it’s deserved but being the head man at Oregon is a different show than being an assistant with that G on your chest, lol.

I also don’t expect Oregon to be anything much more than average this season mainly cause I don’t believe in Bo Nix or Dillingham as a 1st time primary play caller. UGA will smack them, BYU will be extremely tough on top of a conference schedule that they won’t breeze through. I don’t think they touch 10 dubs again this season like last. I say all that to say, I don’t expect the Oregon admiration to sustain and for them to be there when it boils down to it. Not that I necessarily expect us to be there either (need to see how the visit goes) but I truly don’t expect Oregon to recruit on the same level that Mario had them recruiting, at least not initially. Mario had results to back him, Lanning is going to have to show me. JMO.

Def all in on this kid though, will be keeping close tabs to this one. Difference maker in every sense of the word. Have Cristobal, Salavea, Wright, Taylor, and Stroud put a plan/vision together for this kid and don’t leave his side when he comes to Miami.

I know the kid is a little different than your typical national elite prospect in the sense he doesnt seem infatuated with the SEC etc but I have a hard time seeing Oregon pulling a national 5* from the east coast of his caliber. Even with the track focus, I just can’t see it. Lanning and co will have to show me. I know he has a rep as a phenomenal recruiter and it’s deserved but being the head man at Oregon is a different show than being an assistant with that G on your chest, lol.

I also don’t expect Oregon to be anything much more than average this season mainly cause I don’t believe in Bo Nix or Dillingham as a 1st time primary play caller. UGA will smack them, BYU will be extremely tough on top of a conference schedule that they won’t breeze through. I don’t think they touch 10 dubs again this season like last. I say all that to say, I don’t expect the Oregon admiration to sustain and for them to be there when it boils down to it. Not that I necessarily expect us to be there either (need to see how the visit goes) but I truly don’t expect Oregon to recruit on the same level that Mario had them recruiting, at least not initially. Mario had results to back him, Lanning is going to have to show me. JMO.

Def all in on this kid though, will be keeping close tabs to this one. Difference maker in every sense of the word. Have Cristobal, Salavea, Wright, Taylor, and Stroud put a plan/vision together for this kid and don’t leave his side when he comes to Miami.
I AGREE, get this kid to Miami and be consistent in following up with him , Nyckoles Harbor already show interest in Miami Hurricanes….look for that official visit from him 👍🏾

Advertisement

I don’t think he’s going to Oregon either, I was just pointing out that he stated months ago that he grew up an Oregon fan & that post just basically reiterates that Oregon will recruit him both in Football & Track.

And he’s definitely not the typical Elite 5-star kid that is entrenched with going to Powerhouse schools.

As of now, his top schools are Oklahoma, Michigan, Bama, Maryland, Oregon & Penn ST.

With him it’s unclear where he’s leaning in any way because he pretty much gives glowing reviews of every team he visits, he hasn’t really shown his hand at all thus far in his recruitment, he’s playing it smart because pretty much every team that’s recruiting him feels like they’re going to land him, which means he’s a very smart kid who understands the crootin’ game lol.

Given his family background & how important academic is to him, I don’t think he’s going to make the typical bandwagon football choice, I think he’ll go somewhere that recruits him on the entire experience of the University & life after college. His recruitment will be more about your entire school rather than just winning football games & making it to the NFL.

Where will he end up at? I have no idea. My guess would be about 4 different teams lol, so his recruitment will be a fun one to watch. One thing I’m happy about thus far is that he’s not considering UGA... yet.

I don’t think he’s going to Oregon either, I was just pointing out that he stated months ago that he grew up an Oregon fan & that post just basically reiterates that Oregon will recruit him both in Football & Track.

And he’s definitely not the typical Elite 5-star kid that is entrenched with going to Powerhouse schools.

As of now, his top schools are Oklahoma, Michigan, Bama, Maryland, Oregon & Penn ST.

With him it’s unclear where he’s leaning in any way because he pretty much gives glowing reviews of every team he visits, he hasn’t really shown his hand at all thus far in his recruitment, he’s playing it smart because pretty much every team that’s recruiting him feels like they’re going to land him, which means he’s a very smart kid who understands the crootin’ game lol.

Given his family background & how important academic is to him, I don’t think he’s going to make the typical bandwagon football choice, I think he’ll go somewhere that recruits him on the entire experience of the University & life after college. His recruitment will be more about your entire school rather than just winning football games & making it to the NFL.

Where will he end up at? I have no idea. My guess would be about 4 different teams lol, so his recruitment will be a fun one to watch. One thing I’m happy about thus far is that he’s not considering UGA... yet.
Should be easy to replace Pedo St he must not have met ole lispy yet.

Full court press on this young man moving forward. Hopefully coach Steele is assisting in this young mans recruitment because he knows exactly what that means having spent time at Auburn and being so successful at it.

So where's Miami in all of this?

Advertisement
So where's Miami in all of this?
Remains to be seen...

We’re recruiting him, but until he visits we’ll have to wait & see how much of an impact we have on him.

He did say back on March 1st that Miami is standing out because Mario is recruiting him pretty hard & our staff is in contact with him pretty regularly, so that’s a good thing.

Just have to get him down to campus & keep chipping away.

But thus far he’s visited, Penn ST, Clemson, UNC, Michigan, Oklahoma, Maryland & Oregon.

He plans on visiting Bama & UGA pretty soon, because of track season he hasn’t had the opportunity to hit up too many Southern teams (except for the Carolinas because they’re closer to DC), but once track season comes to an end he’s planning on visiting all the SEC schools & Miami as well.

I don’t think he’s going to be an early commit kid, he’ll likely be a later in the year type, but even if he gave an early verbal to whichever team no one is going to stop recruiting him until he signs his LOI.

There’s plenty of time to make an impression & get him on campus a couple of times.

We’ll see how everything unfolds in the coming months.

Remains to be seen...

We’re recruiting him, but until he visits we’ll have to wait & see how much of an impact we have on him.

He did say back on March 1st that Miami is standing out because Mario is recruiting him pretty hard & our staff is in contact with him pretty regularly, so that’s a good thing.

Just have to get him down to campus & keep chipping away.

But thus far he’s visited, Penn ST, Clemson, UNC, Michigan, Oklahoma, Maryland & Oregon.

He plans on visiting Bama & UGA pretty soon, because of track season he hasn’t had the opportunity to hit up too many Southern teams (except for the Carolinas because they’re closer to DC), but once track season comes to an end he’s planning on visiting all the SEC schools & Miami as well.

I don’t think he’s going to be an early commit kid, he’ll likely be a later in the year type, but even if he gave an early verbal to whichever team no one is going to stop recruiting him until he signs his LOI.

There’s plenty of time to make an impression & get him on campus a couple of times.

We’ll see how everything unfolds in the coming months.
I think we have much greater chances with 5* guys like M’Pemba and Wayne than we do him. Obviously we’re not gonna get everyone. But I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I think we get 6x 5* guys. At least 5. This is the “bump” class after all.

I think we will land these 5 call me crazy but I just have a great feeling.
QB Rashada
WR Brown
DE M’Pemba
DE Wayne
LB Bryant

We’re hard after DL Hicks, WR Inniss, LB Hill and CB McClain. We need to get Harbor on campus asap he’s hands down the best athlete in the entire nation. The term freak gets tossed around a lot but this guys unlike anything I’ve ever seen. McClain will end up at Alabama. Inniss I think ends up at USC. Hicks and Hill will be battles till the end but I like our chances to get one of them at least. Harbor I have no clue. Once we get to the 4-5 5* guys it’s gonna take big time NIL deals and Mario working his magic to get some of these guys. But I feel like we will get 5 at least. “Yes that is realistic and no I’m not drunk or high lmao”

They wont recruit the same for the simple fact USC got a real head coach...Its a wrap...they will be getting left overs from out west.

Lanning will have to convice some down south kids to go out west to play for him to sustain

I think we have much greater chances with 5* guys like M’Pemba and Wayne than we do him. Obviously we’re not gonna get everyone. But I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I think we get 6x 5* guys. At least 5. This is the “bump” class after all.

I think we will land these 5 call me crazy but I just have a great feeling.
QB Rashada
WR Brown
DE M’Pemba
DE Wayne
LB Bryant

We’re hard after DL Hicks, WR Inniss, LB Hill and CB McClain. We need to get Harbor on campus asap he’s hands down the best athlete in the entire nation. The term freak gets tossed around a lot but this guys unlike anything I’ve ever seen. McClain will end up at Alabama. Inniss I think ends up at USC. Hicks and Hill will be battles till the end but I like our chances to get one of them at least. Harbor I have no clue. Once we get to the 4-5 5* guys it’s gonna take big time NIL deals and Mario working his magic to get some of these guys. But I feel like we will get 5 at least. “Yes that is realistic and no I’m not drunk or high lmao”
I have a very hard time thinking Bama gets McCain especially since they already have two 5 stars they are getting in state

Advertisement
Should be easy to replace Pedo St he must not have met ole lispy yet.
Especially when this is what Penn State sends to college aged kids for advertising.

PSU.jpg

Advertisement
I have a very hard time thinking Bama gets McCain especially since they already have two 5 stars they are getting in state
If they dont get him, it wont be because of that. Them man have convinced multiple top players at the same position to go and compete with each other. We have to go harder than them. In every aspect.

Respect as always, but if track is a big part of his decision, Oregon will be it for him. Out of those schools, they don't hold a candle in that regard.

UGA and Texas A&M would be serious contenders if he considered them. Same with Florida, and were I them, I would be selling the **** out of being a TE, like Pitts. That's more game shape for a T&F body than DE.

By the same token, I would be shocked if he came here and was interested in T&F. Wish it were different, but it's the hard cold truth.

Someone is going to get a freak athlete though.

Respect as always, but if track is a big part of his decision, Oregon will be it for him. Out of those schools, they don't hold a candle in that regard.

UGA and Texas A&M would be serious contenders if he considered them. Same with Florida, and were I them, I would be selling the **** out of being a TE, like Pitts. That's more game shape for a T&F body than DE.

By the same token, I would be shocked if he came here and was interested in T&F. Wish it were different, but it's the hard cold truth.

Someone is going to get a freak athlete though.
You know what school can sell the TE position better than anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back