Now that we've been eliminated from the ACCCHGM...

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
I'm happy that we're out of the running this year.

Recruits would remember us getting taken to the woodshed by Clemson if we made it to the ACCCHGM; especially any that we are still in play for like Justin Flowe.

Similarly, recruits will remember it if we win the next two in convincing fashion and then go out and handle a decent, top 25 opponent in a bowl game. As much as our historic position is "Any team anywhere." We are still in rebuild mode and need the optics to be strong for us heading into recruiting season.

Despite the fact that (cue the haters) I do think that the way the team is playing right now, makes us the ONLY team with a puncher's chance of beating Clemson. That's right, I said we "could" beat Clemson, whereas no one else has a prayer against them in the ACCCHGM.

Anyway, potentially finishing on a 6 game winning streak and showing demonstrable improvement, is a much stronger narrative than having our success disrupted by a Clemson beat down.

Advertisement
Disagree. Better to play in the acccg and lose then to be runner up in the coastal. We wouldn’t get blown out and it’s a national televised game, good for recruiting. You get better playing the best.
We dont know what the results of a ACC CG would be. Its very likely that Clemson wins and kills our momentum... they could very realistically blow us out. If I'm a player on the team I want Clemson, but as a fan I want 9-4 with a top 15 recruiting class.

Advertisement
What the fvck is this pvssy mentality. Win all the games and go play Clemson if that’s what plays out. Sell recruits on the 2nd half of our season and not being too far off. Sell recruits on the fact we bring about 9 guys on both sides of the ball with starting experience. Fvck this crap.

Advertisement
We're not eliminated.

Here's what we need:

UNC over Pitt
GT over VT
Pitt over VT
VT over UVA

...and obviously we need to beat Duke.

If all of that happens, we're in.
In that scenario, we have a 4-way tie for 1st.
UNC, Pitt, UVA, Miami.
1st tiebreaker- Head to head among tied teams.
Pitt Eliminated
2nd Tiebreaker- Record in division.
Miami Eliminated

Recruits would remember us getting taken to the woodshed by Clemson if we made it to the ACCCHGM; especially any that we are still in play for like Justin Flowe.

Similarly, recruits will remember it if we win the next two in convincing fashion and then go out and handle a decent, top 25 opponent in a bowl game. As much as our historic position is "Any team anywhere." We are still in rebuild mode and need the optics to be strong for us heading into recruiting season.

Despite the fact that (cue the haters) I do think that the way the team is playing right now, makes us the ONLY team with a puncher's chance of beating Clemson. That's right, I said we "could" beat Clemson, whereas no one else has a prayer against them in the ACCCHGM.

Anyway, potentially finishing on a 6 game winning streak and showing demonstrable improvement, is a much stronger narrative than having our success disrupted by a Clemson beat down.
DUMB ******* POST

Advertisement
and we are not out of the ACCCG yet, motherfacker (very close, but not yet!)! You must really like participation trophies don't you?

Advertisement
**** yes we want to go to the Acc championship game. Win or lose, its another game experience for our young guys. It doesnt seem very likely, but if we somehow make it, that would be incredible.

Hate to say this guys yes we still have a LONG SHOT to make the ACCCG as of today but if VT does not literally lose to both GT and Pitt we are eliminated that simple.

What the fvck is this pvssy mentality. Win all the games and go play Clemson if that’s what plays out. Sell recruits on the 2nd half of our season and not being too far off. Sell recruits on the fact we bring about 9 guys on both sides of the ball with starting experience. Fvck this crap.
Word. Who knows. We may shock the world. Wouldn't be the 1st time. You play to win the games.
It's a Canes thing. U wouldn't understand.

Go Canes!!!!!!!

Seriously, if I bet on games (which I don’t) and I could bet $3000 to win $300 on Clemson beating Miami, I’d gladly take the bet.

Advertisement
Back