Now that we have a new QB...

407cane

All-ACC
Let's draw some comparisons, weaknesses, strengths, etc.

Haven't really seen him get the chance to air it out yet like in his highlight tapes but he looks to have a ridiculous arm and whips it with a flick of the wrist as rosier seems to need a whole wind up to hit a skinny post.. is Perry's arm on par or stronger than Morris'?

Other than inexperience what are we looking for on Thursday to judge this dude's performance?

I for one am looking for his touch on the ball.. the pass to brevin over the middle last weekend with a defender all over him was awesome and I felt like it showed something rosier couldn't do

What are you guys looking for?

And don't say "just win" because if you say "just win" and are tying to get rid of rosier for "just winning" then you're a hypocrite. The move only makes sense if he takes this team to the next level and gives us a shot against Clemson

Advertisement
I don't want to make comparisons with MR... all I want is a qb that can perform at a level where we can pick apart elite defenses. If it's not too much to ask... we all want a great arm and smarts.

Perry doesn't have to be Aaron Rodgers out there. Dinky Dunky stuff will be fine with the talent we have. But I'd like his arm to be good enough to open running lanes more than they are currently.

If he's able to do that and not throw picks that lose us games, that's all we need from him. The rest will take care of itself.

Advertisement
Being able to use the whole field throwing.

Scrambling while still looking to make a play downfield.

Can we please just destroy somebody already that isn’t savanah state before we start crowning him. He looked real good against Fiu but we need a mf’ing stud and I hope he’s it.
I’m all for fedora and his attitude to get a mf’ing adjustment. I want that bus and plane ride home to be whisper quiet and the only thing they hear is the ringing from the crowd noise at the rock.

Advertisement
Just win.
(Malik didn’t)

He didn't win? Did I imagine starting off 10 - 0 last season and being ranked in the top 4? Was beating FSU for the first time in seven years and blowing out V. Tech and ND just some figment of my imagination?
Not including FIU, he's is 13 4 as a starter. Losses like Pitt or LSU are on him, but let's avoid blatantly making **** up.

He didn't win? Did I imagine starting off 10 - 0 last season and being ranked in the top 4? Was beating FSU for the first time in seven years and blowing out V. Tech and ND just some figment of my imagination?
Not including FIU, he's is 13 4 as a starter. Losses like Pitt or LSU are on him, but let's avoid blatantly making **** up.
Stop.. You're making too much sense. They want completion percentage to go up. Who cares about wins !?

Advertisement
I'm looking for him going through multiple progressions. Gone are the days where freshmen only are supposed to make 1 read and throw. I think he is more than capable.

More of what he has already shown but against better teams. He gets the ball out quick and ahead of his wr to give them a little more space to maneuver on screens, escapes pressure with agility and keeps his eyes and body turned upfield (instead of just tucking and running), and throws with more precision though tight windows. Shows good touch as well (as noted with the td throw to Cager in the corner of endzone).

Would like to see how he handles his reads as defenses will start to try to confuse him with different looks, etc. Make good decisions on RPOs, etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back