Now that the NC GM is what I predicted - UofM vs WASH here's my prediction

Advertisement
IMHO, Michigan will try to disguise its defensive coverages and blitzes. Michigan will need Washington to make some mistakes. If Washington doesn’t turn the ball over and sack Pennix, this game is a wrap Because Washington can score 40+ pretty easily on anyone.

De Boer and the Washington coaches will have their team prepared For what Michigan does, and you can’t fool Penix like you did with Milroe. Harbaugh will also have his team prepared, but he needs Washington to make some mistakes, IMHO

IMHO, Michigan will try to disguise its defensive coverages and blitzes. Michigan will need Washington to make some mistakes. If Washington doesn’t turn the ball over and sack Pennix, this game is a wrap Because Washington can score 40+ pretty easily on anyone.

De Boer and the Washington coaches will have their team prepared For what Michigan does, and you can’t fool Penix like you did with Milroe. Harbaugh will also have his team prepared, but he needs Washington to make some mistakes, IMHO
It could definitely go this way, Washington could absolutely win it, but as Joel Klatt said on a video yesterday (including the point that the Huskies could pull it off) there's really only one path to victory for Washington and it includes Penix playing his A+ game and receivers also playing an A+ game and the rest of the team playing A+, where as Michigan has multiple paths to win this game.

Washington could win, but Michigan probably has too much in too many areas.

And, do not be surprised if Washington's passing game gets slowed down and stymied a bit because they have not faced a defense like this one and in particular, a secondary like this one to go along with a disciplined pass rush like this one.

The Huskies could win this and if they do, I won't be overly surprised, but Michigan is almost certainly going to take it. Anecdotally, I'd give it a 85% Michigan win probability.

IMO Michigan is the worst possible matchup for Washington of the 3 teams they'd potentially could have played.

I had Washington Moneyline and the over the other night, I don't get em right all that often but that game went exactly as I thought it would.

But Michigan is really tough on BOTH lines and IMO the difference between them and Texas is in the secondary. Texas has a great interior line, but their pass rush isn't as good as Michigan's, but where Michigan ***** on them is in the secondary. Texas doesn't have anyone who can cover those NFL receivers, and Penix absolutely ate as a result. IMO Michigan is much better there and the pass rush combined with the step up in the secondary will slow Washington down a lot more than Texas did.

IMO Michigan 30-24.

Im just glad UW got Jalen Mcmillan back, I think it went under the radar because he missed soo many games but he was 1b last year with Odunze and scored more TDs, Tho it allowed Polk and Bernard to step up, when they at full strength defenses just have to hope uw would rather run the ball or just be at their mercy.. Somebody gonna get cooked..

Advertisement
IMO Michigan is the worst possible matchup for Washington of the 3 teams they'd potentially could have played.

I had Washington Moneyline and the over the other night, I don't get em right all that often but that game went exactly as I thought it would.

But Michigan is really tough on BOTH lines and IMO the difference between them and Texas is in the secondary. Texas has a great interior line, but their pass rush isn't as good as Michigan's, but where Michigan ***** on them is in the secondary. Texas doesn't have anyone who can cover those NFL receivers, and Penix absolutely ate as a result. IMO Michigan is much better there and the pass rush combined with the step up in the secondary will slow Washington down a lot more than Texas did.

IMO Michigan 30-24.
Yup texas weakness matched up with UW incredible strength, even with UW tryna run the ball in redzone to prove whatever point but they bare could.. Mich pass defense is much better and the cause sacks from a variety of spots so hard to focus on one key guy.. mich is good on front, put pressure but their back end is very good also, tho they havent seen a passing game like this all season, not even from osu and definitely not psu. they never got challenged all season but they were dominant compared to texas which dbs got cooked.

Advertisement
Back