Now that Richt is gone...

So how it’s about to go down. You fighting two ppl..ima be in the O. I wanna see this ****...is it gonna be a undercard with a main even fight later..wwe tag team tag in..or is this gonna he tekken 5 type ****
Disrespect me all ya want....Talk sh*t on a message board about my GF...That don't fly...I NEVER disrespect anyones family member...or significant other...Puzzy move...
But thats okay....he can say what he said to my face...Run his mouth about a Man with inaccuracies (Butch)...thats okay as well...since i'll be with 2 Former Canes who played for Butch...and think the world of him, and happen to know the truth about the above mentioned....We'll see how Big and tough he truly is....I'd be willing to bet he won't show his face....But be assured...I will

Advertisement
Disrespect me all ya want....Talk sh*t on a message board about my GF...That don't fly...I NEVER disrespect anyones family member...or significant other...Puzzy move...
But thats okay....he can say what he said to my face...Run his mouth about a Man with inaccuracies (Butch)...thats okay as well...since i'll be with 2 Former Canes who played for Butch...and think the world of him, and happen to know the truth about the above mentioned....We'll see how Big and tough he truly is....I'd be willing to bet he won't show his face....But be assured...I will

in all fairness, i think you were trying to fight him before he brought your gf into it.

Butch did not get F'd over by the Administration.

They demanded a large buyout because of his NFL flirtations and Butch proved them right....within about 36 hours.

That's called good business.

If it had been done the other way you'd be ripping them for not protecting the University.

If you have a HC worth a **** like Butch was, they're going to garner interest from the NFL. You don't think Meyer or Saban got interest from the NFL in the last decade? You know why they didn't go? Because the institutions they were at compensated them well. So by your logic, let's sign a coach to a contract that's considerably one-sided and risk chasing off a quality head coach (we haven't had one in nearly 20 years), then actually chase off said coach. Outstanding.

But butch never won a natty here..so we literally don’t how he would’ve responded to the heighten expectations..maybe Coker was the right at the right time to handle all that talent that butch accumulated. Like someone stated earlier butch was a wholehearted disciplinarian. Coker was more of a players coach.even in the 2000 win vs FSU the team almost melted down at home..we will never know because butch bolted for Cleveland..we all appreciate what butch handed off to Coker tho...we do know this, butches canes where 20 years ago..since then he flamed out in Cleveland, left UNC In shame, and is now at FIU..

You act like FSU was putting scrub teams out in the late 90's and early 2000s. They were nearly at Miami's level during those times. The fact that we played close games with FSU during that era is irrelevant.

Advertisement
Flamed out in Cleveland - Got them in Playoffs for 1st time since Custers Last Stand.....
Left UNC in Shame - Completely Vindicated by The NCAA and the President of UNC...
LOL.....(As UNC Hoops Players weren't even going to classes)....Gotcha....
Ya wanna Talk Shame??...Leaving UM Alot better than he recieved...and then Watching 2 Coaches Destroy everything he left...

You act like FSU was putting scrub teams out in the late 90's and early 2000s. They were nearly at Miami's level during those times. The fact that we played close games with FSU during that era is irrelevant.
Idk how I’m acting like they put out scrub teams..it’s a fact we almost melted down In that 2000 matchup in the 4th..

Butch blew a 2 game lead in conference USA.

Before you say it’s FIU... the conference winners didn’t even have a football team two years ago.

If I’m being honest; UAB’s coach is who I wanted in the off season. No football team, to winning the conference in two yrs and winning a bowl game.

Dude is a solid coach. I see Power 5 in his future, honestly.

Flamed out in Cleveland - Got them in Playoffs for 1st time since Custers Last Stand.....
Left UNC in Shame - Completely Vindicated by The NCAA and the President of UNC...
Ya wanna Talk Shame??...Leaving UM Alot better than he recieved...and then Watching 2 Coaches Destroy everything he left...

Butch was vindicated because they lacked evidence on him. However, coaches he hired were involved in the scandals there. Butch has never been able to give any school a good answer for how he didn’t know that the guys he was hired were involved. That’s why he wasn’t hired until 2017 and only at FIU

Advertisement
Yo; this topic gets ppl so riled up. Lol.

The only fact I can say is that Butch saved us from becoming dead, can we all agree on that? The NCAA was trying to kill us. Also, Butch reestablished us as a dominant power, and I think we can all agree, the yr 2000, we got screwed out of natty. KD played one bad half of football against U-Dub and that one bad half was our undoing of a perfect season. Irregardless (god I hate that word) never has a team beat the #1, and # 2 ranked teams in a season, including the defending Nat’l Champs, with one loss, and been left out of the title picture to the team they beat.

However, that’s all water under the bridge.

I think we can all agree Richt did some good things here to bring excitement back to the boosters and fan base. However, between Richt being burnt out and his ever dying loyalty to his son (which it should’ve been as a father), he undid all the positives and split the fan base just as divisively as Golden did. Richt will be good with me, b/c like Magic, he realized he was way in over his head, and he protected his son and his alma mater by stepping down.

I don’t know what Butch would’ve done here, round 2. I know FIU is having its most healthy seasons under his watch, but that’s Conference USA. Who knows if high caliber kids would be lining up to be playing for him. Our rep has been so badly damaged by complete ineptitude from top to bottom since he’s left, so who knows. What we all hope for is Manny brings some credibility back to our program, have us competing for top tier bowl games, then National Championships, b/c if this doesn’t happen under his watch....guys, I’m not sure where we’ll be. The further we stray from our legacy, the more irrelevant we’ll be and harder to get our back yard to stay our back yard.

I doubt Butch would have stepped down after his first step back season and would’ve pushed for a buyout.

Richt wasn’t the perfect coach but he was for the moment. His name brought credibility to the program, his leadership moved our facilities forward, his hiring brought us Manny Diaz. After watching Butch unable to be the best coach in C-USA at 67, I’d rather have Manny.

Criminal that we had the greatest CFB team ever assembled and within 5 years, we were playing in the Micro PC (whatever the fck it was called) bowl.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If I’m being honest; UAB’s coach is who I wanted in the off season. No football team, to winning the conference in two yrs and winning a bowl game.

Dude is a solid coach. I see Power 5 in his future, honestly.

I wanted the Syracuse guy, but glad things turned out the way they did. So far.

Advertisement
Back