Now that Joe's going to be gone...

AutoCANE

My name is my name.
Premium
I can't help but wonder what Coach Golden is thinking. One part of me thinks that he is happy in Miami, and that he wants no part of that trainwreck that is happening at his alma mater...

but it's still his alma mater. If anyone has any sort of insight into what the PSU ramifications have for our Coach please set my mind at ease.

Advertisement
I don't see Golden leaving under these circumstances. Now if he gets wind that major sanctions are coming our way maybe this changes. But why would he want to take over for a legend like Jopa, especially with all of the drama going on a PSU right now.

I hope you're right, and it's what I want to think. I really believe that he is in for the long haul here...but it HAS to be in the back of his mind, right? I mean, how could it not?

But sometimes that just isn't the right opportunity...see Les Miles.

If I were golden I'd rather stay at Miami its a lot easier to say this booster is gone and no paying players will occur again, rather than penn state where there was a massive child rapist being covered up and protected by everyone and their mother.

Advertisement
We better hope he stays boyz. If he and the staff goes, we are done for a long time. This program cannot sustain the instability for much longer.

Bottom line: if Golden leaves, it confirms to me that this program dying a slow death.

"Should I prepare my ****?"

that ain't right bruh

Bringin' da lulz

We better hope he stays boyz. If he and the staff goes, we are done for a long time. This program cannot sustain the instability for much longer.

This is entirely possible. I have my fingers crossed. It's crazy, the thing we were all worried about is happening before our eyes, but nowhere near the way we ever thought it would happen.

boats and hoes > jerry diddling little boys

Bottom line: if Golden leaves, it confirms to me that this program dying a slow death.

If he leaves we may very well lose our status in the big 3 to south Florida. I realize we have more tradition than they do, but as a football program we aren't that far ahead, if ahead at all, and I don't see us landing a decent replacement for Golden. We would be in grave trouble if he were to leave right now IMO.

Advertisement
As a father, I would hope he would be nothing but angry at his Alma Mater. No chance in **** he considers taking that job.

I'll be chiming in on the Penn State issues, as well as Joe Pa's future and the next coaches for Ohio State and Penn St on my blog later on this week, hopefully friday but if not sunday due to the big game this saturday involving my hurricanes and the Florida State Seminoles.

A little preview... Golden is NOT involved in the discussion, PERIOD.

He won't be leaving. There's a terrible mess there and he at least knows what he's dealing with here....likely a slap on the wrist and that's all.

Advertisement
I don't even think he'll be contacted to be honest. They're gonna want to distance themselves from anyone involved with Joe/Sandusky as much as possible.

It might be a mess over at PSU, but it's not one that will affect schollys or eligibility of players, and that's not the case with the mess (albeit not one that's even comparable) on the canes' hands. Golden is going to get a good look for the PSU job, and whether or not he wants to go is going is another story. What it really depends on is how much PSU is looking to spend in the wake of all this. If they're willing to drop a lot of money, then the next coach of the nittany lions will be Urban Meyer.

I hope he is thinking of stealing some recruits from Penn State. We need them. There is a 4-star cornerback and a 4-star TE they have that would be nice. Plus a 5-star DE named Noah Spence who just decommitted.

Advertisement
I can't see how a big name takes that job right now. This is likely going to drag out for a long time with horrible publicity. Plus there's no telling what the BOT will institute as checks, new protocols, etc. to ensure nothing like this ever happens again. That program will be under a microscope and they may find things other than a cover up of molestations and a new defcon 4 control of the football program may not be what an Urban Meyer was hoping for to resurrect them.

Penn State is in the early moments of a big, five-gallon *****, and the **** isn't over yet. Not even close.

There will be more than that one decommit from PSU. JoePa GONE, undetermined coach so far, and just leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Just wait until all the splatter is finished.

In the meantime, wouldn't hurt to throw our hat's in the rings certain to become available.

Has nothing to do with respect. It's football.

Golden is one of Life's winners. He's out to be the best of the best. The only real question is whether he wants to be the best at the college level, NFL or both. Re-establishing Miami's dominance moves him toward that goal. Going back to an alma mater whose administration and football program are going to be bogged down in criminal investigations, trials and civil litigation for the next 5-10 years doesn't.

Advertisement
Back