GT 28 - Miami 21
FIU 30 - Miami 24
Duke 27 - Miami 17
Louisiana Tech 14 - Miami 0
Virginia 16 - Miami 13
BC 27 - Miami 14
Duke 20 - Miami 12
GT 27 - Miami 21

Games like today's are exactly what we need to prove we can win consistently before we start worrying about bigger stuff. I love our Canes as much as you do, brother, but this is just reality.

This year's scores are reality. None of those prior games mean ****.

Advertisement
This year's scores are reality. None of those prior games mean ****.
Of course they don't. There is very little in common between this 2020 team and those 2019/2018 ones. But if we're talking the state of our program, the rung of the ladder we are on right now is beating mid-pack conference teams consistently, not stepping up for nattys. I'd say our tight games vs UVA and NC State and our absolute humiliation by Clemson reflect that perfectly. Let's start going up to places like Blacksburg and notching easy dubs before we need to beat our chest about how great we are. Remember, this entire conversation came from someone making it seem like beating VT today was below us. I'm not some Cane basher.

UNC 28 - Miami 25
VT 42 - Miami 35
GT 28 - Miami 21
FIU 30 - Miami 24
Duke 27 - Miami 17
Louisiana Tech 14 - Miami 0
Virginia 16 - Miami 13
BC 27 - Miami 14
Duke 20 - Miami 12
GT 27 - Miami 21

Games like today's are exactly what we need to prove we can win consistently before we start worrying about bigger stuff. I love our Canes as much as you do, brother, but this is just reality.
OK WHAT I'M ASKING STILL STANDS NAME A PROGRAM BESIDES CLEMSON THAT'S RANKED HIGHER THAN US NOW ?

OK WHAT I'M ASKING STILL STANDS NAME A PROGRAM BESIDES CLEMSON THAT'S RANKED HIGHER THAN US NOW ?
That has nothing to do with what was being discussed in this thread. Vegas is giving us points today, that's pretty sound evidence that beating VT is something we need to do for "credibility". Just a fact, whether we like the taste of it or not.

As to your question... I dunno. If I'm ranking the 2020 ACC right now, I obviously have Clemson and ND at the top. I have us right there below that tier, but we're not in some other universe than the handful of teams right around there as well. We could have easily lost to UVA and were getting worked by NC State before we pulled out a 44-41 win. I'm super impressed that this group CAN pull out those close wins! That's been the hallmark of this year's team. They win games 44-41 that last year they would have lost 24-17. I love watching this team! I hope we win every game in front of us and will cheer like **** for us to. But again, this whole thread was about us needing this W today. The importance of it as a barometer of our program. I don't see how anyone not just talking sh-t wouldn't agree with that.

We want to talk about Best in ACC? Then let's go win soundly today and show we're ready for that rather than having a dog fight in Blacksburg. That's the whole point. I don't care how many are ranked ahead of us. I don't think VT is even a top 50 team in America. We think we're a Top 10 one? Then let's go show it today!

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's game day, I'm drunk on Kool-Aid already. Let's go!

intense leonardo dicaprio GIF

If OUR Canes want to earn some credibility, this is the game to do it.

Obviously we are the most disrespected top 10 team out there. Albeit we have underperformed at times, we are still 6-1 and poised to finish the regular season in the top 10 for the first time in quite a while.

A road win against VA Tech, who seems to still get more respect than us, (even after they lose to the little brother of Virginia) just might put us on the radar. We need to win convincingly though.

Our defense is much better than how we played last week. Our WR group is developing, and I have seen some promise on the OL in the run blocking area. If King can continue to be a threat in the passing game, than defenses will definitely have to consider that in the game plan which means no more 8 guys in the box against our run.

VT might just be getting ready to feel it like FSU did, and I cannot wait to see this happen. We are a much better team, and I just hope we get to see the full strength in all aspects of the game.

Lets go CANES!
Rewatched the game from last year
4 TOs in the 1st half
Defense played solid
Pope got a delegation TD hail Mary
Jeff Thomas and Blevins Jordan had big games
OL allowed 6 sacks
They no longer have bud foster
We came back and took the lead but Baxa blew the extra point
DJ Dallas is how I want my running backs to run he had a great game too.

We might actually blow the dudes out today. I think if Manolo calls the defense and Rhett doesn't get IZ happy and calls some plays like last week. This could be a big win and start the weekend of football off right

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back