Novel concept ✨️

Advertisement
Advertisement
The way Louisville featured the TEs tells you that they believed our defense was undisciplined and that they did not respect our safety play.

They were correct.
It’s called game preparation of which we do none. The difference between our staff and every one of our opponents is like a high school coaching staff vs an NFL staff. The university opened up their wallets for this??

Advertisement
And who Is in charge. This is Mario's bro style offense.
Doesn't matter. Dawson never used them. You can blame Mario all you want but just about every game this year outside of A&M, i've just been baffled by many of Dawson's calls. Every saturday and sunday i watch fun offenses.....maybe it's motion, maybe it's great route concepts, maybe it's a diverse run game. Whatever. Dawson's offense is so predictable i can't take it. It's better than Gattis' but similar in that i can call it pre-snap. The WRs run limited route trees and their technique sucks ***. We ignore TEs and rarely use RBs on wheels (Fletcher's play today was the first i've seen in a while but it's always open). There's like no hot routes behind blitzes. I don't see high/low concepts to give a deep/intermediate or an intermediate/short option. It's a one read O and panic offense, which is when TVD gets killed. This team relies on big chunk plays and struggles to move consistently without them. We just had 4 plays inside the 5 and got 1 yard. He's calling low percentage passes on 4th instead of doing more space throwing. I didn't mind the Brashard motion play bc it got a guy in space but it was poorly executed and if he had wrinkles, he could have run that again with a TE or RB out the back (or had Brashard revert motion and go back out the boundary).

Maybe he's put up stats and moved the ball before but i have yet to really see him scheme games to start with scripted plays (or make adjustments at half that lets this offense march for a quick score) or make critical plays on 3rd down or late in games. I don't care if it's just him, him and Mario or just Mario.....it happens every game. This team put up decent points today but left a lot more on that field. This should have been a W.

On the flipside, Brohm was schemed scrubs who haven't touched the ball all year. THAT IS COACHING!

Doesn't matter. Dawson never used them. You can blame Mario all you want but just about every game this year outside of A&M, i've just been baffled by many of Dawson's calls. Every saturday and sunday i watch fun offenses.....maybe it's motion, maybe it's great route concepts, maybe it's a diverse run game. Whatever. Dawson's offense is so predictable i can't take it. It's better than Gattis' but similar in that i can call it pre-snap. The WRs run limited route trees and their technique sucks ***. We ignore TEs and rarely use RBs on wheels (Fletcher's play today was the first i've seen in a while but it's always open). There's like no hot routes behind blitzes. I don't see high/low concepts to give a deep/intermediate or an intermediate/short option. It's a one read O and panic offense, which is when TVD gets killed. This team relies on big chunk plays and struggles to move consistently without them. We just had 4 plays inside the 5 and got 1 yard. He's calling low percentage passes on 4th instead of doing more space throwing. I didn't mind the Brashard motion play bc it got a guy in space but it was poorly executed and if he had wrinkles, he could have run that again with a TE or RB out the back (or had Brashard revert motion and go back out the boundary).

Maybe he's put up stats and moved the ball before but i have yet to really see him scheme games to start with scripted plays (or make adjustments at half that lets this offense march for a quick score) or make critical plays on 3rd down or late in games. I don't care if it's just him, him and Mario or just Mario.....it happens every game. This team put up decent points today but left a lot more on that field. This should have been a W.

On the flipside, Brohm was schemed scrubs who haven't touched the ball all year. THAT IS COACHING!
Mario hired the yes man that would run Mario's preferred offense.

I think our staff was trying to figure out who those guys were all game long.

And what a play action play is as well.

Like unknown concepts to our staff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back