Notre Dame Makes “Golden” Hire at DC

He could be but there is little evidence to support that. If you had a blind resume of those guys I doubt Freeman would be chosen. I think it was a rushed panicked hire n we all know how that turns out.
I think the same for ND. They made a rush hire of Freeman because they liked him as DC and their players like him. He's going to make mistakes just like Manny. I thought the 1st game of the season he called as ND's DC against FSU in the 4th qtr was awful. Went super soft coverage and nearly lost the game after having a 18 point lead going into the 4th qtr.

He looks like a good young coach, but will have to learn on the job. Mistakes will be made.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Except he was DC at UF. Oh, whoops.
Come on dawg
big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Advertisement
This ******* guy…
This ******* guy is right, richt badly missed on the famed 2018 class and 2019 wasn’t good either as both were filled with duds. The best players in the 2016 class were committed to golden Homer, richards, Pinckney, quarterman Joe Jackson etc

Like i said you can go through the list but at Miami he was a better evaluator than richt/diaz was

As long as He learned a thing or two in the pros, and D'Onofrio doesn't somehow end up on His staff, this just might be a good hire for Freeman.

Wilson and Pratt both played lights out on that defense this year. Don't know if Golden deserves any credit for that, but he certainly didn't make them suck.

This ******* guy is right, richt badly missed on the famed 2018 class and 2019 wasn’t good either as both were filled with duds. The best players in the 2016 class were committed to golden Homer, richards, Pinckney, quarterman Joe Jackson etc

Like i said you can go through the list but at Miami he was a better evaluator than richt/diaz was
Do you think Richt inherited a better team in 2016 than the one Mario just inherited?

Advertisement
I thought this before this hiring, but I think freeman is going to flame out quickly at ND. 36 year old first time coaches with basically one year of power 5 coordinator experience don’t usually do well with the expectations that will be on him
He’s a stop gap if I ever saw one. Notre Dame got caught flat footed when Brian Kelly was poached. I have a feeling their AD is already scouting for an established replacement.

Advertisement
I dont really want to look back on Golden's tenure. Not a good time. I cant say I wish him well because I hate ND.

Advertisement
Ever since he held us and the program hostage by refusing to fire D'onofrio and challenging the admin to fire him with his buyout... I've wanted nothing but failure for your boy Golden.

I can not wait to push this guys defense in. I don't care if it's Freeman's system, if he was so rigged and stubborn that he fielded those abominable defenses and forced his scheme on players I don't doubt for a second those clueless tendencies with rear their ugly head again in charge of a defense. 80% of this board had more sense than that moron. Super pumped for 24.... i've been waiting for this.

Advertisement
Back