Notre Dame Big Guy Out

When you're playing a team who has a 6'10 guy out, who is their biggest player, you better feed your big guy. I really hope Jekiri just dominates. Unless he plays scared, i can't imagine he have less than 15. It's too easy especially with Uceda as well, we need to dominate the boards all **** game. I don't know about their guards, but if Angel, Newton and Manu play as good as they did Tuesday, I think we could leave ND with a win as well. Any other opinion going into this game?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Maybe this guy will be there cheering for the Irish. lol

arod-tailgating-notre-dame.jpg

We can absolutely beat ND, but we don't need to be thinking ICU will be ready to play big minutes right off the bat. If we get 10 solid minutes out of him, that will be an excellent debut. Sherman is playing pretty good ball right now, and it seems that the core 9-man rotation is starting to gel (consisting of Angel/Sheldon/Burnett/Lecomte/Newton/Palmer/Sherman/Jekiri/Reed)...and if that chemistry is starting to come together in a way that allows you to blow out #4 Duke by 16 at Cameron, you don't want to mess with it too much.

I think if the Freshman can keep developing and contributing at a high level, Lecomte doesn't disappear, and we can get a higher level of play by Reed/Thomas/ICU...I think we could win 12 ACC games. That would be a good realistic goal. We're at 2-1 right now, and have 15 ACC games left (7 home/8 away). Go 10-5 in that stretch, puts us at 12-6 overall in the conference (22-9 overall)...we could be ranked at that point, and nearly a mortal lock for the NCAA tourney, even with the somewhat bad losses to Wisky-GB and EKU (both of which may win their conferences and get into the dance). Add in a possible win or two (or more?) in the ACC Tourney, and I think we end up a 7 or 8 seed.

My only true concerns are 1) a major injury that knocks out one of our key guys, and 2) Sheldon's shot selection, which sometimes spoils possessions for us.

Advertisement
ND game really scares me. I hope I am wrong but I see it as an awful match up for us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back