Notes from Thomas Brown and Kuligowski

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
**There was an interesting exchange following practice with offensive coordinator Thomas Brown and reporters. Running back Robert Burns missed practice today and media was told by UM officials that it was because he had class during that time frame. We saw Vinny Scavo, UM's head athletic trainer, taking Burns somewhere on a golf cart before practice, and Scavo said he was taking him to class. Then after practice, when UM OC and RB coach Thomas Brown was asked about Burns, he said he does not discuss injuries. It was a bit bizarre, but you can watch for yourself below.

[video=youtube_share;NwMUEIhov3g]https://youtu.be/NwMUEIhov3g[/video]

**Brown said today that Travis Homer has, "probably been the biggest bright spot" behind Mark Walton at running back.

"He was a really good tailback with us last year, but obviously with the depth we had with Joe and Gus, he didn't get as many reps during the season," Brown said.

He added that Homer is, "in a good spot to be able to take over the number two spot and solidify that."

**Coach Kool spoke to media today for the first time this spring. In the video below, he discussed his new title of Assistant Head Coach.

[TWEET]847482873879777280[/TWEET]

**At Miami's pro day yesterday, Kuligowski was seen having a lengthy conversation with Patriots coach Bill Belicheck. Kool said it was actually his first time having a conversation with Belicheck, and that part of their conversation centered around recent Patriots acquisition Kony Ealy, who Kuligowski coached at Missouri.

**Sophomore lineman Patrick Bethel, a former HS all-american, has been working with the tackles this spring and Kool seems pleased with his progress. Bethel is weighing around 275 pounds.

"I think he's looking good there and he's got a chance to make that his home," Kuligowski said. "Once he had committed in his mind that he wanted to do it, then his weight has been going up and up."

Advertisement
"**At Miami's pro day yesterday, Kuligowski was seen having a lengthy conversation with Patriots coach Bill Belicheck. Kool said it was actually his first time having a conversation with Belicheck, and that part of their conversation centered around recent Patriots acquisition Kony Ealy, who Kuligowski coached at Missouri."

Belichick sneaking the NFL bags in for coach Kool. Somebody keep an eye on him. He's more dangerous than Satan.

Advertisement
Advertisement
"**At Miami's pro day yesterday, Kuligowski was seen having a lengthy conversation with Patriots coach Bill Belicheck. Kool said it was actually his first time having a conversation with Belicheck, and that part of their conversation centered around recent Patriots acquisition Kony Ealy, who Kuligowski coached at Missouri."

Belichick sneaking the NFL bags in for coach Kool. Somebody keep an eye on him. He's more dangerous than Satan.

who do you think taught Satan. Remember Satan was Bill's defensive coord at Cleveland.

Garvin was one of my favorite recruits last season, he needed to be a high 4/borderline 5 star prospect, Kool is going to turn him into something special

**Sophomore lineman Patrick Bethel, a former HS all-american, has been working with the tackles this spring and Kool seems pleased with his progress. Bethel is weighing around 275 pounds.

"I think he's looking good there and he's got a chance to make that his home," Kuligowski said. "Once he had committed in his mind that he wanted to do it, then his weight has been going up and up."

F**K YES. Get that kid up to 280-285 of good weight gain by 2018 and we're working with at least 3 Tackles. Still need a 4th. Hopefully, a bigtime transfer, JuCo or Graduate transfer.

Last edited:
Fred Garvin is going to going to have the same sort of impact Joe Jackson did. I might even like his potential more because he's almost 2 years younger than Joe when Joe got here.

Advertisement
Kool said Garvin had the best 5 practices by a freshmen he has ever seen.....

**** yes....

Garvin and DJ could be a scary duo. And then to think we joe Jackson and I start to feel bad for opposing QBs again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Thomas, Jackson and Patchan are top notch, but Joe Jack, Garvin and DJ are next level IMO. Of course that's without seeing Garvin and DJ against top level comp. Garvin looked much bigger after only a couple months on campus. DJ will have about 2 1/2 months to transform his body.

Advertisement
Brown inspires zero confidence. He looks like he's in way over his head.

I understand Richt hiring his son since Richt can just be the defacto QB coach. But what in god's name is Brown doing earning 700k a year for this team? Recruiting and coaching RBs is a 250k a year job, NOT a 700k a year.

Kool said Garvin had the best 5 practices by a freshmen he has ever seen.....

**** yes....

Garvin and DJ could be a scary duo. And then to think we joe Jackson and I start to feel bad for opposing QBs again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and Chad was probably our best DL last year.
Our DL is ******* loaded this year. Its going to be fun to watch. This is definitely a National Championship caliber front 7 on defense. The only question I have is will the OL and QB step up. If they do I can see us winning the ACC.

I understand Richt hiring his son since Richt can just be the defacto QB coach. But what in god's name is Brown doing earning 700k a year for this team? Recruiting and coaching RBs is a 250k a year job, NOT a 700k a year.

Lorenzo Lingard and Cam Davis may disagree. And for that matter so may Mark Walton. And my guess is in about 18 months so will Anthony McFarland.

Wtf r u talking about??

Advertisement
Back