Notes From Chaminade Practice

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
I was out at Chaminade’s practice this afternoon. It was only the second practice so they were not in pads but these are my takeaways.

-Just from the eyeball test, Thad Franklin still looks like one of the most physically imposing running backs I’ve ever seen in high school.

-Kenyatta Jackson is the most impressive prospect on the field thanks to his athleticism and length, but he is still raw and needs to work on his technique as well as fill out his frame more.

-Jamaal Johnson looks like he got bigger without adding bad weight and was playing on the edge. I still think he probably moves inside at Miami but his wingspan is what gives him the ability to play on the outside. His arms easily go past his knees. He is more advanced as a player right now than Jackson. He has more pass rushing moves and is just all around more polished and physically developed.

For my full thoughts on the practice listen to the Friday Night Insight podcast dropping on September 1st.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was out at Chaminade’s practice this afternoon. It was only the second practice so they were not in pads but these are my takeaways.

-Just from the eyeball test, Thad Franklin still looks like one of the most physically imposing running backs I’ve ever seen in high school.

-Kenyatta Jackson is the most impressive prospect on the field thanks to his athleticism and length, but he is still raw and needs to work on his technique as well as fill out his frame more.

-Jamaal Johnson looks like he got bigger without adding bad weight and was playing on the edge. I still think he probably moves inside at Miami but his wingspan is what gives him the ability to play on the outside. His arms easily go past his knees. He is more advanced as a player right now than Jackson. He has more pass rushing moves and is just all around more polished and physically developed.

For my full thoughts on the practice listen to the Friday Night Insight podcast dropping on September 1st.
What about 2021 DT Allen Haye.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nice to see football back. I am honestly praying for these kids that the virus doesn't ruin their season or impact them or their families in any way. Young men need to play sports. It's in their DNA (literally). Especially football players.

Nice to see football back. I am honestly praying for these kids that the virus doesn't ruin their season or impact them or their families in any way. Young men need to play sports. It's in their DNA (literally). Especially football players.
Epigenetics for the win!

Advertisement
Back